Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

No  he spent the 2nd half being screamed at by management and trottng about, that is why he was hauled off.

I must admit to being distracted for the second half so missed that .... great in the first half though .... 

I thought he had a good game today. Completely created the second goal even if it was a good finish from Hourihane and did well to create the chance for himself at the start of the second half (he should have hit the target there though).

I’m not massively sure why he was taken off to be honest. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I thought he had a good game today. Completely created the second goal even if it was a good finish from Hourihane and did well to create the chance for himself at the start of the second half (he should have hit the target there though).

I’m not massively sure why he was taken off to be honest. 

because off the ball he was being asked to push onto their fullback from their goal kicks, he was being asked to tuck nearer to Elmo when he was being doubled up on. He did neither on any of the occasions asked. What he did do, was stand in the same spot doing **** all expecting Tammy to press ever defender by himself. That is why he was taken off, we were being picked off, passed to shreds and Kodj was just enjoying standing there watching it.

• Like 1

Good first 20 then walked around.

Skied the sitter very early second half then walked around.

Don't who he thinks he is, but he can **** that stinking attitude right off.

He was on the RW when they scored. Elmo disgusting defending but Kodj was strolling back at a real leisurely pace thinking he doesn't have to work hard.

Usual from him, ball greedy losing the ball, not tracking back, wasn’t sorry when el ghazi came in to replace him, it’ll be nice if someone offered silly money for him, wouldn’t be sorry to see the back of him 

People really want Kodjia to leave? That's crazy. If you want someone who runs around and tries we have Hogan, if you want someone who has quality and will help us push for the PL we have Kodjia.

He needs to work on his tracking back but frankly he's no worse at that than El Ghazi who's built like a feather and can't put in a tackle. At this level you don't get players who are the complete package; if they were then they'd be in the Premier League - Tammy will be come next season. We won't get anyone better so let's make the most of his talent, keep him happy and make him central to our play off aims. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks absolutely lost and I put it down to laziness but I don't think he has a clue what he is doing as part of a system. Everything he does is always off the cuff, that's who he is.

Smith is screaming at him though to hold, wait, press, push, drop off etc and it just isn't him and he just looks in shock around him.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

Still dribbles too much, need to learn how to play more effective.

Should study Cristiano Ronaldo in how to play efficient football.

Stop dribbling everytime you receive the ball, play it simple and save your energy to get into the right spaces.

Edited by villalad21

Â