Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

He doesnt help himself trying to shoot from 40 yards when he cant hit the target from 10 yards!

Needs to find a way of not playing for himself!

I don't think he plays for himself anymore. His problem may be that he doesn't really have a spot he can claim all to himself in this team. He's trying too hard to prove he's needed and actually irreplaceable.

27 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I don't think he plays for himself anymore. His problem may be that he doesn't really have a spot he can claim all to himself in this team. He's trying too hard to prove he's needed and actually irreplaceable.

I agree that he seems to be trying too hard.

I think that he has lost a bit of the selfishness he had in previous seasons but I do think the reason he tries to hard is he is more concerned with his own performance than how he fits into the team.

His spot seems well defined to me, the fact he cant claim it is down to the above.

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I agree that he seems to be trying too hard.

I think that he has lost a bit of the selfishness he had in previous seasons but I do think the reason he tries to hard is he is more concerned with his own performance than how he fits into the team.

His spot seems well defined to me, the fact he cant claim it is down to the above.

You mean left wing? I'm not so sure, I think he's a striker above all. And Bolasie is waiting to start...

Just now, PieFacE said:

I don't rate him at all. Does have odd moments of individuals magic, but meh... Would be happy for him to be sold.

Im not sure id go that far.  Having someone with his talents on the bench could be a real game changer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't rate him at all. Does have odd moments of individuals magic, but meh... Would be happy for him to be sold.

We will already need to replace abraham and bolassie next season. Why add another to that list?

• Like 1

He's just not a left winger imo, I find it weird that people seemed to think he'd be better out there than through the middle when he had previously been great for us as a striker and there wasn't much evidence of him having played elsewhere. He's a mercurial player but he's also great physically in terms of being able to hold it up, as much as he can be frustrating he has all the elements of being a good striker when he's on song. You lose a lot of that from him when he's stuck out wide, particularly because he's not a natural creator of chances for others and that's what you'd primarily be expecting of someone playing there. Playing someone out of position isn't conducive to getting them back in form. 

Tammy's great and I don't think I'd swap him for anyone else in the league, so even though Kodjia is probably too good to be a back-up striker in the Championship I think that's what he should be for the time being if we're playing this formation. Especially when Bolasie is actually able to start games.  From a selfish point of view it gives us better options off the bench too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

We will already need to replace abraham and bolassie next season. Why add another to that list?

If we go up with Abrahams goals Id bet we will sign him next season.... the same with Bolasie!

I thought he played ok. He is still coming back from a serious injury and playing in a new position. I like that he can beat his man. Unlucky not to have score once or twice but Tammy missed some chances too. 

His biggest downfall was his teamwork and defensive duties and he has improved massively on both aspects. 

I'd be looked to sub adomah off sometimes before kodija. He doesn't have any pace this year and can't beat his man. 

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I would seriously consider putting Hogan on his place.

At least Hogan works hard, and is more likely to make the correct run and pass, and CAN finish.

Hogan on the left of a front three? Cutting in? Trickery, skills, dribbling ability? I have seen zero evidence in this lifetime, or any lifetime, to think that that would work. 

Edited by Don_Simon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Hogan on the left of a front three? Cutting in? Trickery, skills, dribbling ability? I have seen zero evidence in this lifetime, or any lifetime, to think that that would work. 

I love how you built up my post, and then destroyed it in the final third.

Well played. lol

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 09:56, DCJonah said:

If Chelsea are happy too, I would be happy to sign Tammy on permanent.

Kodjia is the one I would sell on, in my eyes I don't think he's upto premier league standards. Kodjia gets to hot tempered fast and as others say is selfish, maybe not as much as previous seasons but he still is.

I think we should sell Kodjia and replace him with someone who fits with the current style of play.

I think Abraham fits nicely into our team and hopefully Chelsea will sell but only if we approach while we are still in the championship. Don't think theirs a hope and prayer of signing Tammy if we do get promoted then try signing. Chelsea don't like to sell to rivals they said no to selling a player to Tottenham and came out with the rivals reason.

Â