Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I know Nyland will get criticised but I get the impression he is doing his best like every other Villa player tonight bar Kodjia. You can forgive a lack of ability or a poor game but not the lack of effort that Kodjia showed. 

Spot on. 

If you're upset about being on the bench that is not the way to prove the manager wrong. 

For me he is the 3rd choice striker and 4th choice winger (once Adomah is fit).

I'd happily cash in on him in January. 

His very first touch he skipped inside and should have hit a shot, thought he was going to lash it in. But I think the obvious instruction that he needs to be more of a team player was ringing in his ears and he turned left and passed wide. Shame he then went on to put no effort into anything else.

Very little natural understanding of what the right thing to do is. Lots and lots of work to do.

Look at the contrast with him and Abraham tonight. Tammy was largely poor tonight and still bust his arse chasing things, winning challenges, offering himself for players.

• Like 2

Its these little bits and pieces that is the difference between going up and just missing out.

We have to be ruthless in order to pursue consistency.

certain players are letting us down.

In some ways it was a good draw....in others it was a missed opportunity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its these little bits and pieces that is the difference between going up and just missing out.

We have to be ruthless in order to pursue consistency.

certain players are letting us down.

In some ways it was a good draw....in others it was a missed opportunity.

He doesn't want to get promoted, he has happy occasionally being a big star in a shit league.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Just not my type of player. Not a team player in any sense.

sadly ( because of his talent).............. you're right.

We need to deploy the funds better elsewhere.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, Dale said:

He's played well under Smith so far... Players have off days. He still has a part to play! 

I disagree mate. Tammy had an off day on Friday but gets a free pass (from me anyway) because he worked his socks off. 

Kodjia was just lazy, most probably due to sulking at being on the bench. That isn't an off day, it's a rank bad attitude. 

Â