Ritchie De Laet

meme

Just now, Ginko said:

I'd rather he was off it, to be honest. 

Not sure where he'd fit in anyways. Maybe instead of Westwood or Tshibola? Hopefully the bench is as far as he goes.

Least he would be an option. Our bench options have been poor recently 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Least he would be an option. Our bench options have been poor recently 

Agreed. I don't hate him but I don't think he's very good. Decent option off the bench mainly for his versatility more than anything else but I'd rather sign another quality wide man and have him there instead.

Back OT, hopefully this signing works out well. My Leicester mate certainly rates him but the times I saw him last season he easily looked their worst player. Then again they finished PL champs and we're now in the Championship so he doesn't have to perform to such a high standard to be good for us. He has experience in promotion from this league which can't hurt either.

A better option than Hutton or Bacuna, certainly.

Edited by Ginko

3 hours ago, jon_c said:

Hutton Richards Lescott Richardson

..last season, to

De Laet Chester Elphick Amavi

Nice work, RDM. 

when you look back that is terrifying, even think goalkeeper is an upgrade

interestingly from last seasons back 4, RIchardson is unemployed and the other 3 are lucky not to be

I  just wonder if he really was our first choice?

If that was the case, why has it taken all summer?  Why the link to a bid for Yedlin?  and why does he sign the day the Newcastle/Yedlin deal nears conclusion?

I admit to not knowing anything about this player but it seems that Boro didn't want to keep him.

I know Bacuna is not everyones cup of tea but we must be careful what we wish for here.  Is De Leat actually going to be an improvement?

Of course I'll give him a chance but of all the signings so far, this one hasn't really excited me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Solid signing

Perhaps Bacuna further up the pitch now?

Bacuna will be cover for him and midfield.

Interesting that someone said Ritchie could play on both sides. This is excellent since we need help on the left aswell. Amavi don't cut it yet.

Very glad with this! Especially that he is a tall full back!!

I've had issues with short full backs ever since Alan Wright. I'd say full backs will need to clear away crosses and corners almost as much as the central defenders, so having a tall full back (like the mighty Mellberg when he played there) makes me really pleased!! LIke the look of the new back four!!

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I've had issues with short full backs ever since Alan Wright. I'd say full backs will need to clear away crosses and corners almost as much as the central defenders, so having a tall full back (like the mighty Mellberg when he played there) makes me really pleased!! LIke the look of the new back four!!

Cissokho is a tall fullback, but is actually appalling when a cross comes in

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Alright Pulis

• Like 2

The few times I have seen him play he has done ok ,he is very quick and the boro and Leicester fans speak highly off him ,think it will be a positive signing for us he will surely be better than Hutton 

Okay signing. I'm not totally convinced he's going to be significantly better than Bacuna, he sounds quite similar. But certainly can't be any worse than Hutton and won't have Richard's toxic attitude.

I have a slight worry that he is only a good championship defender, but I know thay worry is vein. I want PL.

Â