Ritchie De Laet

meme

7 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Welcome.

What kind of right back is he? Attacking? Solid defensively?

He's very solid at both. Got a fair bit of pace to get us up the pitch quickly but also has the awareness and positioning defensively. Solid is literally the best word for him.

if I could like him to any fairly recent right back it would be Luke Young, who I thought was fantastic for us. A 7/10 player every game

• Like 2

Fantastic signing, very happy with this, said it before but I'm so glad to have a team I feel pride in cheering on! Signings like this go a long way to restoring that sense of pride, confidence and togetherness that has been lacking for so so long.

Chuffed with this, a solid signing. Out of nowhere too. Hope he enjoys it here.

Welcome to the Villa RDL and good luck! 

:)

1 minute ago, PatrickCousens said:

Could this spell the end of Hutton?

Forgot about that.

Even better signing... **** off Hutton!

Edited by meme

Welcome to B6. you're not Hutton or Richards or Bacuna and that's a start.

OS n that

Aston Villa Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Ritchie De Laet. 

The 27-year-old joins from Leicester City on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee. 

De Laet helped the Foxes win the Premier League last season and also played a part in Middlesbrough’s successful promotion from the Championship. 

Manager Roberto Di Matteo said: “I’m pleased to have brought Ritchie to the Club. 

“He is another player who not only has Championship experience but has also played a part in helping a team win promotion back to the Premier League.”

7 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm going to guess he is more defence minded as he used to play centre back.

Wheres the beard though? Too clean cut for my liking.

He has a beard, it's just too long for the laws of science to comprehend, rendering it invisible.

• Like 1

Â