Ritchie De Laet

meme

I think the poster is a shortist. I personally am all for the short people. I hate all those that look down on them. ;-)

wrighty was a good full back. Scored a few decent goals especially the one against boro after the flowing 22 touch move where no boro player got near the ball!! 

Delaney was the last footballer who knew how to time a sliding tackle. 

As for De Laet, I hope he's good, but I keep hearing that he's suspect defensively, bombs forward a lot, but can't cross for shit. Sounds a lot like Hutton to me. 

He managed to form part of two defences that both won promotion, also won the premier league with Leicester. So he must have something about him. Happy for him to compete with Bacuna for the RB position and see how he goes. Decent signing for me and brings more of that positive, winning mindset to the team. 

Welcome to the Villa Richie! 

• Like 1

Welcome Ritchie, great news.

Does anyone who watched more Championship football than me (I watched 0%) know how much he featured in the Middlesborough side that got promoted. Wiki says he played about 12 times including subs, did they win when he played? 

Pleased we managed to sign who we wanted in this position, and pleased we've signed another 'promoted' player. 

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Welcome Ritchie, great news.

Does anyone who watched more Championship football than me (I watched 0%) know how much he featured in the Middlesborough side that got promoted. Wiki says he played about 12 times including subs, did they win when he played? 

Pleased we managed to sign who we wanted in this position, and pleased we've signed another 'promoted' player. 

I thought that was his Leicester record, 12 appearances.  I thought he was first choice at Boro.

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I thought that was his Leicester record, 12 appearances.  I thought he was first choice at Boro.

I might be wrong then, his Wikipedia said he made 10 appearances for Middlesborough last season... Not sure where I got 12 from (maybe whoscored.com) That doesn't sound a lot, so I just wondered if he was first choice for those 10 games, or was he in and out the side over a longer period? My championship knowledge is so poor!

1 hour ago, Jay.P.A said:

Sounds like we've bought a player who is similar to Amavi, but just in the RB position.

Decent defensively, but very good going forward?

Amavi can cross. De Laet reputedly can't. 

29 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Amavi can cross. De Laet reputedly can't. 

Whilst i have never seen the bloke the bloke play, his crossing has to be an improvement on Hutton surely?

22 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

What was wrong with Alan Wright? 

He seemed to be a nice man and for sure still is, model professional and had a good left foot, but I remember getting irritated that he didn't manage to block or clear crosses as much as I had liked. I think it had much to do with his height and I thought he was a weak link in the defence. I was surprised that De Laet is so tall, 1,86/6.1, and was happy about that, having Alan Wright as an comparison as he's the shortest (but by no means the worst) full back I can remember that we've had...

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Amavi can't defend though so hopefully de laet can do that given its the primary job of a full back.

De Laet was apparently dropped by Leicester for being too attacking and Ranieri preferred the safer Danny Simpson

Â