The Championship thread

TrentVilla

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Aren't Derby being investigated for selling their stadium to their owner? That's the sort of thing we can get away with in the premier league bubble but would imagine would be serverly looked at back in the championship.

Derby released a statement saying that the EFL signed off on it so they can't go back on it. The EFL have lost control, what with the issues with FFP, stadium sales, Bolton and Bury, the whole system is a mess.

But at least Man City can buy a centre back to be benched for 100m when they want. Thank god for the PL and all its riches and non-corruption.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Getting relegated and losing Jack and McGinn would be my lowest point as a Villa fan, ever.

Would be terrible, but at least there would be a silver lining that it would net us £100m or so.

Last time we went down our squad was worth nothing to anyone.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sne said:

Would be terrible, but at least there would be a silver lining that it would net us £100m or so.

Last time we went down our squad was worth nothing to anyone.

That's only positive I can see. But the way we have recruited this summer I am not sure I'm optimistic.

I'm still not convinced by our attackers but defence looks ok.

Derby captain Richard Keogh out for the season with a serious knee injury after he, Mason Bennett and Tom Lawrence got pissed other night and Lawrence crashed the car they were in. 

Scumbags all three of them drinking and driving

1 hour ago, andym said:

Derby captain Richard Keogh out for the season with a serious knee injury after he, Mason Bennett and Tom Lawrence got pissed other night and Lawrence crashed the car they were in. 

Scumbags all three of them drinking and driving

The bloke is **** shite anyway, one of the worst centre backs to even steal a living at that level.

Without him Derby would have been promoted a number of times over.

• Like 2

Hard to piece together but it seems Mason Bennet and Tom Lawrence both crashed their cars whilst pissed - one would assume they were racing each other.

I guess Keogh must have been in one of the cars, what a sorry state of affairs, they’d been offered transport home paid for by the club (as if they couldn’t afford it anyway).

I’m not going to get on a moral high horse about drink driving, I got done for it when I was 18 but I was stupid, as are these dickheads, perhaps more so given that they’re not 18.

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't want to sound holier than thou, but the FA/PFA really need to put a charter in place for players behaviours

I'd ban any player found guilty of drink driving from playing for 12 months. That might make some think twice. 

Do they still get paid though? That might work out great for some players.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I don't want to sound holier than thou, but the FA/PFA really need to put a charter in place for players behaviours

I'd ban any player found guilty of drink driving from playing for 12 months. That might make some think twice. 

totally agree

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Do they still get paid though? That might work out great for some players.

put it as a stipulation in player’s contract? if they don’t want to sign the you know they are a wrong un

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Dirty Leeds living up to their reputation once more with allegations of one of their players racially abusing a Charlton player on the weekend.

Appreciate this is an individual action but my word, they just can’t help themselves can they.

Dirty 'super world fair play award winning' Leeds despite two disgraceful examples of cheating in THE SAME GAME

Â