The Championship thread

TrentVilla

He's been there since 2011 and has apparently been wanting to manage a club side for a while now and turned down the chance to manage Scotland because they wouldn't let him have a contract that would allow him to leave if he was offered a job with a domestic side. Probably feels like he has to take the chance while he can

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why would he go stoke? He could get a better job than that. Seems like a strange one.

Suprised Joe Allen  is still there. He is a premier league quality player

He isn't hence why he still plays for Stoke and nobody has bid for him since relegation

Looks like Michael is hedging his bets a bit, apparently he can take charge of Norn Iron still if they make play offs which take place in March 2020.

Still interesting appointment. Think he'll do better than Chris Coleman did when he made similar move to Sunderland as I think Stoke have a bit more quality in various parts of the pitch.

If they are deducted points it will be two seasons in a row it's happened to a club managed by Monk, I hope they get away with with just a fine or something  just because it would be funny to see the reaction of the small heath fans after they were deducted nine points last season. Although sounds like Wednesday may have done worse, and it's for breaches spreading across two seasons, so if anything the punishment may well be harsher. Some of it's relating to their stadium sale, hopefully we'll be okay on that front.

Edited by useless

It's been hanging over them for a few seasons now. Couple of years back they signed players like George Boyd and Abedi from Watford on big wages, both hardly played for them. You also had Gary Hooper and Stephen Fletcher coming in on big money. I think they had a soft embargo last season (similar to us in summer we nearly went into administration) and also when they had that German choice they seemed to bomb squad a few of their bigger names and I presume highest wage earners. Kieran Westwood hardly played for six months and he was back in goal as soon as Jos Luckhay was sacked so not sure if he just fell out with the player.

They really needed to go up in the 2016-17 period, lost in play offs two years running. In with a shout this year regardless of points deductions.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a look on a Leeds forum recently and they were talking about how if they'd have been promoted they'd be top five now, their logic being that they see themselves as better than Sheffield United, it seemed to escape them that that logic doesn't really work as Norwich who were far better than them last season are in the bottom three. They're in a good position at the moment and three of their next four games are at home, but Albion have moved into first place after tonight's games, and I wouldn't rule out any of Fulham, Forest, Preston or Swansea finishing in the top two.

Seems like Charlton have been bought by some mega rich consortium from Abu Dhabi. Matt Southall who was linked with a takeover of us has been named their chairman.

Edited by useless

Â