The Championship thread

TrentVilla

For Hogan's sake you hope Stoke start picking up wins soon. He has a manager that rates him, a rarity in a 2 up top formation with a lad to do his running and hold up play and no much competition for places. It is perfect for him.

Knowing Hogan's last few years though Jones will be out in a month and back to 1 up top.

Just now, Zatman said:

Said it when we were linked that Butland was finished in top flight like Hart and an accident waiting to happen. 

Didnt think it was this bad

He's still a top keeper in the Championship and a very good one overall IMO.  Players make mistakes.

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's still a top keeper in the Championship and a very good one overall IMO.  Players make mistakes.

Maybe but he is the only goalkeeper in Championship with a save percentage lower than 50%, has conceded 8 goals from 13 shots. Not the first time this season he has made a blunder either

28 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Jones will be sacked by Sunday.

Leeds at home for them next. Certainly can see Stoke making a change during international break. He did very well at Luton but for whatever reason his methods aren't clicking with Stoke squad despite them signing some decent players for championship level in the summer.

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Butland looks completely off to me. It's like he is not there. Wouldn't be surprised if there's something going on we aren't clued in on. No way he is as shit as the season so far suggests. 

From the rumours is seemed that his transfer to us was pretty much done (personal terms done etc), fee was agreed then stoke asked for more at the last minute and we said stfu.

Part of me wonders if his head isn't in the right place or just totally gone.

He is a good goalkeeper, I reckon his head is not in the right place currently tbh.

Â