The Championship thread

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Leeds actually gonna do it this season?

Impossible to say right now. It's practically in their DNA to whiff but they're looking good and sooner or later something has got to give...maybe.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Leeds actually gonna do it this season?

They've just won it actually, so I think they can do it again, why not?

To be honest, whenever you think of it you become glad that we've been out of the championship.

When they're having the upper hand, when they've beaten us home, when we had our worse form. 

We got up while we feel something is wrong, and now we're looking at them in this way. 

We went down for three years, We only been in the top 2 for two rounds. First game of last season, and after our run of 7 wins the season before. 

We haven't been first at all. While Leeds stayed up there for long time. 

When you think of it, 

Bristol, WBA, Derby and I'm not sure who else had stayed in top 2 for a while. 

So we were really lucky to click on at the right time. 

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

also a little surprised to see Charlton in 3rd. Wonder if it was just an easy start to the season or if they will challenge for back to back promotions

I doubt they have the squad depth to keep it up when injuries and suspensions hit, but they should be safe. I've been slightly surprised by Luton's poor start, especially after their first game. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I doubt they have the squad depth to keep it up when injuries and suspensions hit, but they should be safe. I've been slightly surprised by Luton's poor start, especially after their first game. 

Luton will be fine and good to watch, they played Cardiff and West Brom back to back and lost both very narrowly so to me they're mid table standard.

Have to say it's incredible how well Swansea have done this season and last when you look at all the players they had to shift from their premier league squad. Even this summer they had to sell Daniel James and McBurnie. Seem to have got back the identity they had in their prem years and really put their faith in youth.

• Like 1

On 25/08/2019 at 14:45, Villaphan04 said:

also a little surprised to see Charlton in 3rd. Wonder if it was just an easy start to the season or if they will challenge for back to back promotions

Don't think it's either, but a lot to be said for momentum.

Think they will tail off and finish midtable at best, but an impressive start nonetheless.

Charlton wouldn't be the first team to come from league one and do well in the league above after getting promoted. Although looking at the table after five games last year, and I see that Bolton Wanderers of all clubs were in the exact same position in the league that Charlton are in now, albeit Charlton do have one more point. Norwich were way down in eighteenth place. All it really tells you I guess is that it's still way to early to judge yet.

Watched Cardiff vs Fulham tonight. My god Cardiff are a horrible ‘football’ team. So direct and long ball. They look terrible technically. Using Morrison on throws in their own half to try and launch the ball upfield. 

The sooner Warnock retires the better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Watched Cardiff vs Fulham tonight. My god Cardiff are a horrible ‘football’ team. So direct and long ball. They look terrible technically. Using Morrison on throws in their own half to try and launch the ball upfield. 

The sooner Warnock retires the better. 

Game vs them with the Grealish volley was so bad, they didnt even bother. Snodgrass commentary was just saying how shit they were 

• Like 1

On 25/08/2019 at 11:46, osmark86 said:

All in all I'm sort of thankful for our 3 years in the championship. It has humbled me and also shown me that the second league really is pretty damn entertaining. Won't take PL status for granted ever again that's for sure.

Not only that but it’s completely galvanised the fan base and club generally, I don’t think we could have been where we are now if we hadn’t gone down and reset.

• Like 3

Brentford warming up, they totally demolished Derby today. Benrhama started and looks like he's taken over the Sawyers number 10 role, played some clever passes through to Ollie Watkins.

Derby played a ridiculous high defensive line and were cut through so often. Not the first time who've started the season flat after losing a play off final.

Â