The Championship thread

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What did he do?

Garry Monk says he is considering legal action over allegations made against him and his agent by former clubs Birmingham, Leeds and Middlesbrough.

It is claimed that, while manager of the three Championship clubs, Monk wanted agent James Featherstone to be involved in their transfer deals.

Monk, 40, has now issued a statement via the League Managers' Association.

"My lawyers are currently reviewing false and unsubstantiated accusations across all statements," he said.

Following Monk's sacking by Blues on 18 June, City chief executive Xuandong Ren claimed there had been a dispute relating to the use of Monk's agent in "all" of their transfer deals.

Monk said then that he would not reply to "certain disappointing comments" from the club. But there have since been similar allegations made by Middlesbrough and Leeds owner Massimo Cellino, who said he banned Featherstone from his club.

Monk, who started his managerial career with Swansea City in February 2014, now says he feels "strongly compelled" to have issued his statement.

He insisted that neither he nor Featherstone are guilty of any wrongdoing.

"It is disappointing enough that private, confidential and legally privileged correspondence between Middlesbrough and my lawyers has been passed to a number of publications," he said.

"It is no coincidence that the leaking of this correspondence follows the recent termination of my employment with Birmingham.

"And comments made by that club which appear to have triggered Middlesbrough's attempts to revive their unmeritorious allegations against me by way of media conjecture and speculation.

"The latest individual to add to the media circus is Massimo Cellino.

"I can confirm that his comments have no basis in truth whatsoever."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48914375

• Like 1

Surprised Dan Cowley has taken the Huddersfield job. Done amazing things at Lincoln last few years and they've started the league one season very well. Huddersfield have won about two games in a year.

I get the bigger potential stuff but tell that to Nathan Jones who left a fantastic Luton set up to go to Stoke team who couldn't win and he's going to be sacked in next few weeks. Hope Cowley dosen't go same way as he seems a likeable guy from the interviews I've seen of him.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised Dan Cowley has taken the Huddersfield job. Done amazing things at Lincoln last few years and they've started the league one season very well. Huddersfield have won about two games in a year.

I get the bigger potential stuff but tell that to Nathan Jones who left a fantastic Luton set up to go to Stoke team who couldn't win and he's going to be sacked in next few weeks. Hope Cowley dosen't go same way as he seems a likeable guy from the interviews I've seen of him.

Everyone is an expert with the benefit of hindsight. Jones doesn't take that chance at the time it might not come around again. If he stayed at Luton his head might not of been in it and subsequently they might not of went up. Glad Cowley has got this gig. Him and his brother have an unbelievable work ethic from what ive read. He'll need it when he gets to work with Elphick 😂

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'm glad that we didn't make a Sunderland, currently Huddersfield, or Stoke.

Still a lot could change, but I don't really like the look of it.

3 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

It took us 3 years to get out. We are definitely comparable to Stoke and Sunderland . Unmoveable overpaid flops and we then added some more of the same flops

18 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Well we had 16/17 when we had two long winless runs in the season and were hovering just above the bottom 6 going into March. I never thought at any point we'd go down given we still had Kodjia and Adomah in good form at the time but it was certainly a struggle down here first season.

• 2 weeks later...

Swiss Ramble thread on the imploding finances in The Championship and the unsustainability of it all.

Long thread but shows just how vital it was for us to get out of that league, even thou we might be struggling in the PL atm.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't even what to contemplate what kind of trouble we will be in if we go down this year.

I'm.guessing it will involve selling mcginn and grealish for big fees to cover ffp

If we go down we get parachute payments don't we?, so as long as we came straight back up we would be fine.

IF.

Â