The Championship thread

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Hull sacked Slutsky. I didn't realize how poor Hull have been this season. They sit 20th only 4 points above relegation. 

defence has let him down, they are the 3rd highest scorers in the league just cant keep them out

9 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Look at the table makes me depressed. It seems at best we can finish 3rd this season. Wolves and cardiff are just too good. There seems to be no stopping Wolves, and Cardiff are somehow keeping pace. 

Not even halfway through the season yet.  Loads can happen enjoy the ride!  Beats getting beat every week.

6 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Look at the table makes me depressed. It seems at best we can finish 3rd this season. Wolves and cardiff are just too good. There seems to be no stopping Wolves, and Cardiff are somehow keeping pace. 

Wolves seem to be the outstanding candidate for the Premier League but we can't just assume it is going to go on like this for the remaining 26 games. Next game they could both cop 2-3 critical injuries and everything changes.

At least they didn't tell them to be quiet too like they do at Emirates...

Football supporters have been sent a letter warning them to sit down during matches or risk losing their seat.

Norwich City said it is under "direct threat of having capacity reduced" after being told standing levels in its all-seater stadium was "unacceptable".

Fans in one section of its Carrow Road ground have been told to stay seated at their next home game on Saturday.

A club spokesman said it issued the ultimatum after consultation with the body that grants safety certificates.

He added the Championship club had been working with the Norfolk Safety Advisory Group to "tackle an issue with persistent standing in Block A of the lower Barclay Stand this season".

"This follows very strong complaints from season ticket holders in that area whose views of the game have been partially or wholly obstructed for long periods due to people persistently standing in front of them," he said.

'Expectation to stand'

Persistent standing in all-seater stadiums in the top two divisions of English football is not permitted as a result of the Taylor Report, published in 1992 after the Hillsborough disaster.

Norwich City said stewards who had asked fans to sit during matches had been "met with resistance and in some cases intolerable verbal abuse".

Founder of the Barclay End Norwich Supporters' Club, Neil Thomas, said: "We obviously don't want any areas being closed in the ground. I feel this is something that has been forced upon the club.

"We've been pushing for safe standing for quite a while, obviously that needs a legislation change to happen, but people do have the expectation to stand if they are in a more vocal area of the ground."

The club has said recently it is exploring implementing safe standing at Carrow Road, should it be permitted in the future.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-42265978

In all honesty I agree it's no fun sitting behind people who are standing up. And it becomes a problem when it's mixed with people who want to stand and others who want to sit.

Safe standing areas can't come soon enough.

Personally I agree with the Barclay End fans here.  At Wolves everyone knows if you're in the South Bank, you'll need to stand up, and it only helps the atmosphere.

I agree, we do need safe standing ASAP.

So, everyone hoping for a draw tonight between Sheffield United and Bristol City I presume? 

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Most definitely, if we win tomorrow we go 3rd if they draw

I can see that happening.

Either way, a win for Villa tomorrow closes the gap on one of them at least.

57 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

I can see that happening.

Either way, a win for Villa tomorrow closes the gap on one of them at least.

yes, as its likely we will drop points at derby so its important we close the gap a bit this week

Edited by Demitri_C

• 1 month later...

Congratulations to Middlesbrough for having the biggest moron of a fan in all of England!

And here I was thinking that Everton fan who punched a Marseille player while holding his son was a shoo in for the title.

And then someone goes and does this:

Middlesbrough fan arrested after video 'shows man urinating in QPR goalkeeper's water bottle before throwing it back to player'

Footage recorded by a fan alleges to show the supporter urinating in the bottle in the stands

A Middlesbrough fan has been accused of urinating in the QPR goalkeeper's water bottle before throwing it back on to the turf.Footage recorded by a supporter in the away end at Loftus Road yesterday alleges to show the man urinating into the bottle, which he then reseals and hurls back towards the goal.In the clip, the fan, wearing a dark jacket and baseball cap, appears to be holding the bottle near his crotch area.Moments later, he screws the container's cap shut before tossing it on to the turf behind the keeper's goal.It's unclear whether or not the keeper, Alex Smithies, later drank from the bottle.A fan appears to hold the water bottle near his crotch area
Middlesbrough-fan-urinates-in-goalies-wa
The fan was filmed by a supporter in the stand
The supporter is seen resealing the container

Supporters on Twitter said the fan was ejected by stewards.

The Metropolitan Police's Football Unit confirmed to Mirror Football that a man had been arrested and later charged with throwing items on to the pitch.

The fan spent a few seconds screwing the bottle's lid
The fan was filmed throwing the bottle on to the turf
The bottle landed just behind the goal

He was released on bail and is due to appear in court next month, they said.

Cleveland Police's Football Officer said on Twitter they would be seeking a banning order for the supporter over the alleged offence.

Middlesbrough won the game 3-0 thanks to goals from Daniel Ayala, George Friend and Adama Traore.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/middlesbrough-fan-arrested-after-video-11888652

Edited by sne
  • Confused 1

On 12/4/2017 at 17:01, Zatman said:

defence has let him down, they are the 3rd highest scorers in the league just cant keep them out

Think I heard that, since Adkins has taken over, they've failed to score in 6 out of 7 league games :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hull midfielder Ryan Mason 26 y.o forced to retire due to the skull fracture he suffered against Chelsea in January last year.

No surprise it was Gary Cahill that he collided with. (No malice) 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Hull midfielder Ryan Mason 26 y.o forced to retire due to the skull fracture he suffered against Chelsea in January last year.

No surprise it was Gary Cahill that he collided with. (No malice) 

Never liked him after the part he played in getting Benteke sent off in a that game at VP few years back. A few of us probably got our wish and said something along the lines of "i hope someone breaks his leg and ends his career"

All in the heat of the moment of course, im not that sick, but quite sad for him today. He will have to look at my the whole situation in that it Could have been much more serious, was a life threatening injury at the time.

Â