The Championship thread

TrentVilla

13 hours ago, theboyangel said:

So many moobs on show.....

The funny thing about this clip is, considering the size of the bloke, out of his gob comes the words "dont bulleh meh !" - yes, i know it's about the accent as well but it sounds so effeminate :D

Of course, I'm only going on first impressions but jeez... I don't think I'd be shaking in my boots after hearing that !

• Haha 1

Was reading something the other day that sounded ridiculous but could well be true given how Mendes is running things at Wolves. Apparently Helder Costa and Ruben Neves are on 80k a week at Wolves. That is insane.

Gist of the article was Wolves have pretty much gambled everything on going up this year and they will face major FFP punishment if they don't make it.

On 30/08/2017 at 23:02, VillaChris said:

Was reading something the other day that sounded ridiculous but could well be true given how Mendes is running things at Wolves. Apparently Helder Costa and Ruben Neves are on 80k a week at Wolves. That is insane.

Gist of the article was Wolves have pretty much gambled everything on going up this year and they will face major FFP punishment if they don't make it.

They are in massive trouble if they don't go up. They are even worse position than us

Have to say Preston are impressing me again. They apparently battered Cardiff tonight and 3-0 was the least they deserved.

They've played Cardiff, Boro, Sheff Weds and Leeds this season and haven't conceded a goal in any of those games.

Surprised BOF isn't making more mention of them given the amount of Irish players in their squad (Horgan, Cunningham and Sean Mcguire).

Could be an outsider for top 2. Alex Neil is a good manager, just lost his way a bit at Norwich.

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Have to say Preston are impressing me again. They apparently battered Cardiff tonight and 3-0 was the least they deserved.

They've played Cardiff, Boro, Sheff Weds and Leeds this season and haven't conceded a goal in any of those games.

Surprised BOF isn't making more mention of them given the amount of Irish players in their squad (Horgan, Cunningham and Sean Mcguire).

Could be an outsider for top 2. Alex Neil is a good manager, just lost his way a bit at Norwich.

Goes to show if you have a mobster who actually knows what he is doing you can do wonderful things. Shame we have a dinosaur who hasn't moved with the times

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Goes to show if you have a mobster who actually knows what he is doing you can do wonderful things. Shame we have a dinosaur who hasn't moved with the times

We should hire Tony Soprano?

On 23/06/2017 at 04:36, Michael118 said:

Liam Lindsay just signed for Barnsley from Patrick Thistle in the Scottish Premier League. Looks like a player with a lot of potential.

I'm liking what Paul Heckingbottom is trying to build at Barnsley. He'd be high on my list of managers I'd like us to go for if Steve Bruce doesn't work out.

Liam Lindsay is **** woeful and Barnsley are just as bad.

If you're wrong about this, then it is highly possible you're wrong about Bacuna, Westwood, amongst others. If you keep trying to prove yourself right by dragging Bacuna and Westwood threads up from nowhere, then I can do the same. :D

44 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

If you're wrong about this, then it is highly possible you're wrong about Bacuna, Westwood, amongst others. If you keep trying to prove yourself right by dragging Bacuna and Westwood threads up from nowhere, then I can do the same. :D

What is this assessment of Liam Lindsay based on? I had no idea who he was until today but maybe you've seen a lot of him to know he's woeful. Just interested as I also think Heckingbottom is doing a reasonable job given the circumstances. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2017 at 06:34, Mjvilla said:

Liam Lindsay is 21 years old and a CB so he has years to develop and has probably been thrown into the deep end at Barnsley.

Fwiw, he was rated as one of the top 10 signings of the transfer window less than 2 weeks ago in Four Four Two magazine.

I stand by my comments on him and especially Paul Heckingbottom but my confidence on this one is a lot less than others just because I watched very few games last season compared with the 3 seasons before.

Edited by Michael118

I didn't realise Four Four Two was still going. I think I've owned one copy, ever, and even back then in the 2000s I think I'd already seen the majority of the interviews and quotes from the internet. I never bought it again.

Â