The Championship thread

TrentVilla

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I just can't explain how thankful I am to not have Bacuna in midfield for us.

Stam will be gone by the weekend.

I would have more confidence in the mascot taking a penalty ahead of him

Have Derby even won a game since Rowett signed his new contract?!

Mad what happens to that club every year regardless of who their manager is.

They are the championship version of Arsenal, season pans out the same way every year.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They are the championship version of Arsenal, season pans out the same way every year.

Since they signed Cameron Jerome is when the rot started

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

A guy I work with has a season ticket at Derby and he kinda likes their current predicament. He says you get to see the team win most weeks without the heartbreak of having to finish bottom of the Premier League the next season if they go up. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Rev said:

A guy I work with has a season ticket at Derby and he kinda likes their current predicament. He says you get to see the team win most weeks without the heartbreak of having to finish bottom of the Premier League the next season if they go up. 

What a small fry mentality.  For  a club like ours we need to be playing the big boys not the likes of Burton albion

3 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Tbf i have found this season much more enjoyable than the last 4/5 premier league campaigns. 

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

Tbf i have found this season much more enjoyable than the last 4/5 premier league campaigns. 

Yeah I tend to agree. The goal is obviously to take us back to the promised land of the Premier League but the last few years of our Premier League tenure was absolutely horrific to experience. We weren’t competitive and you could nearly guarantee  the games where we would lose. I certainly lost the love and happiness of the sport in our final year. The players, the attitude, the ownership, the lack of ambition and the fact that we were a laughing stock all really  hurt to see. I’ve really been enjoying the Championship, certainly this year and perhaps that seems fickle as were more competitive but I just enjoy having more of a purpose to our season than trying to cling onto a status in a league where we get perpetually drubbed. We grow up as kids playing the game and are taught to go out and try and win and enjoy ourselves. As fans we want entertainment from the sport and to feel competitive and get enjoyment. 

I absolutely want us to get promoted and it’s my hope we can one day become a real force to be reckoned with in the country’s top league. I guess that’s why I am enjoying the Championship as we are competitive, we can win regularly, games come thick and fast and we are a force to be reckoned with, just in a lower league. Getting relegated used to be such a big fear of mine and I would lose many a nights sleep worrying about something I have no control over. But having circled the drain for many a year in the Prem it was almost relief and I’ve a much fresher outlook on the football league in general and in fact when I speak to colleagues at work who support the likes of Southampton or Stoke I absolutely don’t envy them. Each week is a struggle, enjoyment levels are incredibly low and their only hope is to hang in the league. 

I want more for my club. If we make it to the promised land I hope we can get to a place where we can challenge at the top and, as we are doing now, have a sense of togetherness in the team and with the fans and can all help strive to be the very best we can, and should, be. 

• Like 3

Â