The Championship thread

TrentVilla

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Genie said:

If Cardiff win tomorrow they’ll be cutting Wolves lead to 6 points :o 

Incredible really considering how far they were ahead recently. 

We’ll soon see if they can cope with the pressure.

Whilst it would be bad for us, I kind of hope Cardiff do win tomorrow, as it could mean Wolves' lead could possibly only be 3 points when they kick off next Saturday, would be interesting to see how they'd deal with that pressure.

Seems to me like they're a bit complacent at the minute after everyone knew they were promoted back in January.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Whilst it would be bad for us, I kind of hope Cardiff do win tomorrow, as it could mean Wolves' lead could possibly only be 3 points when they kick off next Saturday, would be interesting to see how they'd deal with that pressure.

Seems to me like they're a bit complacent at the minute after everyone knew they were promoted back in January.

They've been on the beach since Xmas and probably think they can just turn it on again if they need to. Which they probably can... Unless Jota, Cavaliero and and couple of other important players pick up knocks... Then suddenly you're only a couple of points above the mad house with a weakened squad.  

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wolves need about 12 points to go up in i think 11 games. They should do it with ease

You’re most probably right, but if they don’t win the league after the lead they had it’ll feel like a **** up I'm sure.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

You’re most probably right, but if they don’t win the league after the lead they had it’ll feel like a **** up I'm sure.

It would be absolutely hilarous

One man team without neves they are nothing

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It would be absolutely hilarous

One man team without neves they are nothing

He is a good player but he has no assists this season so but much to say they are a one man team

Wolves have a young team not used to playing this many games in a season.

That's what makes the Championship difficult, playing 46 games in a season as apposed to 38, or 34 like in most other leagues.

It's not harder, faster, scooter, more brutal or anything else people would have you believe. It's just a lot of games. And little or no recovery.

It's takes a toll on both body and mind. Just like when you see teams not used to playing in Europe those few extra games just kill their season.

Â