The Championship thread

TrentVilla

11 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Rather than the manager of the team who are top of the legue, "by a mile"? I'd be shocked if Nuno doesn't get it.

Yes, absolutely rather than Nuno.  Obviously, he's done a great job, but Wolves were expected to compete.

Cardiff were basically tipped for mid table obscurity yet are nailed on for at least playoffs.

• Like 1

I thought Cardiff would be in the mix for top 6 tbh.

They improved during last season. Can't be too many seasons when Warnock has started from August at this level and not got his team close to the top 6.

Anyway obviously don't want it to happen but if Millwall make the play offs Neil Harris has to be a serious contender.

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yes, absolutely rather than Nuno.  Obviously, he's done a great job, but Wolves were expected to compete.

Cardiff were basically tipped for mid table obscurity yet are nailed on for at least playoffs.

Well let's see what happens but as I say, if it's not Nuno I would be shocked.

Edited by One For The Road

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I thought Cardiff would be in the mix for top 6 tbh.

They improved during last season. Can't be too many seasons when Warnock has started from August at this level and not got his team close to the top 6.

Anyway obviously don't want it to happen but if Millwall make the play offs Neil Harris has to be a serious contender.

I would take Harris if Bruce left and neither side went up. Harris is very likeable and plays excellent football on a tiny budget 

Mick McCarthy has quit Ipswich immediately. Put money on them to go down next season. Club have no money and he has performed a minor miracle as top 10 and fans want him out

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mick McCarthy has quit Ipswich immediately. Put money on them to go down next season. Club have no money and he has performed a minor miracle as top 10 and fans want him out

Ipswich can't go down. They can't go up either. It's in the Magna Carta or something. 

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2018 at 23:19, villa4europe said:

I thought he had announced he was leaving in the summer already for some reason, contracts up 

He did, but because the fans gave him stick about a sub he quit during the post game press conference.

"I started with a win, I've finished with a win"

Edited by Dante_Lockhart

On 10/04/2018 at 22:19, Zatman said:

I agree.  Someone posted on twitter that he spent £1m last summer.  While I can understand Ipswich fans' frustration, it needs to be directed properly.  McCarthy has performed under very difficult circumstances there.  If the next guy can't match him, it's not a big drop-off to becoming a relegation contender.  They need new money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Sessegnon in the running for young player of year.. he won’t beat the Man City darlings or even Harry Kane (young player??)  but shows how good he is too be even mentioned in the running

Do you think he would have been nominated if he didn’t play in London?

but yeah, well done to him, good to see some recognition outside of the premier league. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Do you think he would have been nominated if he didn’t play in London?

but yeah, well done to him, good to see some recognition outside of the premier league. 

Nope. Not a chance. 

Â