The Championship thread

TrentVilla

20 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Sheff yoo narted impressive so far never expected theyd start this well. Enda Stevens with assist tonight :blink:

His 3rd assist apparently so far this season. Pompey fans loved him and created a lot of there chances last season

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Cardiff and Sheffield United top 2 at this stage. Who’d have thunk it! From our point of view I guess it’s a positive as it’s highly likely they will fall away. 

Although Cardiff are looking strong. 

Cardiff look decent but they dont have many great individual players. I think if we were to play them tomorrow they would beat us 3-0 like earlier in the season. we have davis who can bully them and wingers that will cause them problems and we havent even mentioned big kodj yet either. they will have to come to us and leeds this season later on. i think theyw ill be around top 6 but i think the likes of wolves boro and leeds will be main challengers to us if we can keep it up 

Cardiff and Sheffield could both finish top 6, I agree not sure either will last the pace for automatic promotion. Would still favour a team like Wolves with the individual quality in their team.

Good news for us is from what I've seen I don't think there's teams on the level of Brighton or Newcastle in this division this year.

I can see the league being wide open this season. Getting quite congested in the top 8 or so, and thankfully we have put ourselves right in the mix. 

We need 10 points in October to keep ourselves up there, with fixtures, that looking at the table, may be difficult, but may prove otherwise on the pitch hopefully. 

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I do think Leeds will blow up, they had momentum going into this season from last but I just don't see them maintaining it. Especially since they lost Wood. (add own joke here)

Wood you say they are not going to be up there? :P

Very entertaining match and a good way to scout out our rivals. Both teams play with a fluidity we just don't have at the moment. But they lack the individual brilliance of some of our players. If we could start playing cohesively we'll be unstoppable in this league tbh.

• Like 1

Â