James Chester

KJT123

Just now, bobzy said:

Massively underwhelming. I think we're just being happy that any new player is coming in. 

Yes and no really. I think he's good enough from the little I've seem of him and he's been part of success with Hull not too long ago.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Massively underwhelming. I think we're just being happy that any new player is coming in. 

One of Hull's best players in this league and the player with the most interceptions in the EUROs (I am sure I read!). He will be a great signing.

Just now, osmark86 said:

Yes and no really. I think he's good enough from the little I've seem of him and he's been part of success with Hull not too long ago.

I struggle to believe that anyone (of us VT folk) paid particular attention to him at Hull. 

We're basically talking about a guy who can't get a game under one of the most defensive-minded managers around. For at least £7m. <_<

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I struggle to believe that anyone (of us VT folk) paid particular attention to him at Hull. 

We're basically talking about a guy who can't get a game under one of the most defensive-minded managers around. For at least £7m. <_<

I'm clutching for a little bit of desperate hope here, cut a lad some slack willya? ^^

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Low in the pecking order because he's short. Rated by baggies fans.

Can't see any reason to be negative about this.

Just now, osmark86 said:

I'm clutching for a little bit of desperate hope here, cut a lad some slack willya? ^^

God, me too!

But De Laet, Jedinak and Chester (apparently)? That's isn't returning to the Premier League, it's burying yourself in the depths of the Championship.

I Hope I'm wrong though :)

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

God, me too!

But De Laet, Jedinak and Chester (apparently)? That's isn't returning to the Premier League, it's burying yourself in the depths of the Championship.

I'm sure many thought the same about Leicester's signings, Drinkwater, Morgan, Vardy.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

God, me too!

Strongly disagree.

All 3 have Championship experience, have been promoted and have played at PL level when/if we go back up. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Would there be much better defensive partnerships than Chester and Elphick in the the championship?

Elphick would do the nitty and gritty, Chester would be the one to sweep up the mess, As Doug said he has high intelligence as a defender, so i reckon he could slot in pretty quickly with Elphick and get the basics right.

Â