International Football General Chat

villa4europe

Just a great big clueless inept performance. Dodgy penalty and a set piece.

Kane looks off the pace. Sat far too deep. Rice is a center half, sits so deep. Philips is not an international player. Sterling runs up his own backside. Centre halfs aren't top level. GK is poor.

Mount and Foden only players with real quality. So frustrating when we have some top players ready to come in, and everybody can see it except for the FA yes man in a crap waistcoat.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Its three points so job done. Nobody cares about the performances in qualifiers. Hopefully Southgate realises that Grealish is going to be key to any success in the euros. 

Disagree

You can see what the problems are and anticipate that they will just carry on in to the summer

Rice and Phillips don't work yet unless Henderson comes in fully fit they will be the midfield 2

All the confidence and good will has gone, we're back to boring England that people watch with gritted teeth 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Jack will be well done the list now.

Foden, Sterling, Rashford, Mount, Lingard, Jack. 

Too be honest, there’s nothing wrong with taking them all. Just as long as Jack is the starting one. 

Mount in cm next to Rice, Jack, Foden Sterling, behind Kane. 

It’ll never happen though. 

So to confirm, I think Southgate has Foden, Sterling, Rashford, Sancho, Mount all ahead of Jack.

He’s probably in a pot with Maddison and Barnes as an outside bet to make the flight. 

Criminal really.

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Disagree

You can see what the problems are and anticipate that they will just carry on in to the summer

Rice and Phillips don't work yet unless Henderson comes in fully fit they will be the midfield 2

All the confidence and good will has gone, we're back to boring England that people watch with gritted teeth 

Dunno Phillips is only starting because of injuries to Henderson, grealish and Rashford. I could see Mount playing there. 

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Too be honest, there’s nothing wrong with taking them all. Just as long as Jack is the starting one. 

He’s doesn’t like Jack.

He likes Mount, and Sterling. Jack ain’t starting unless he’s playing like Messi for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don't think sterling is in good enough form tbh 

Great problem to have but I'd be starting sancho (who wasn't in great form before Xmas) 

Grealish and England's biggest problem will be if Southgate has watched these poor performances and thinks the answer is we need to go more direct 

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Germany losing at home to North Macedonia

They’ll probably go on to win the Euros and the World Cup now. Germany can’t even be shit properly.  

• Like 3

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Gotta talk about Pope too.

He either misplaced a short pass or hoofed it under little pressure. He makes Pickford look like Pirlo on the ball.

Comes to something when I’m looking forward to having Pickford back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Gotta talk about Pope too.

He either misplaced a short pass or hoofed it under little pressure. He makes Pickford look like Pirlo on the ball.

Yes in the modern game a keeper has to be comfortable on the ball. Pope isnt so so see how he can be Englands no.1

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

So to confirm, I think Southgate has Foden, Sterling, Rashford, Sancho, Mount all ahead of Jack.

He’s probably in a pot with Maddison and Barnes as an outside bet to make the flight. 

Criminal really.

Mount played in the central 3 all 3 games

If we play 4-3-3 then it's not Mount or Jack, they'll play different positions 

Â