Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

I would sell too and buy a target man striker who can hold the ball and bring the midfield players in like Benteke used to. Besides.. Hogan is too similar to him.

• Like 4

Can't see anyone paying what we'd want so he'll probably go out on loan again. Supposedly Sunderland arent spending much this window so could see them trying to get a loan deal but doubt we'd loan a player to a promotion rival. He'll end up at Ipswich or somewhere like that on loan imo

Mccormack is one of a few players at the club who have the ability - the manager doesn't seem to be able to get the best from him along with Lansbury and hourihane - get the best from these 3 and we will be fine - I'm not convinced Bruce knows his best team formation or even tactics .

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Mccormack is one of a few players at the club who have the ability - the manager doesn't seem to be able to get the best from him along with Lansbury and hourihane - get the best from these 3 and we will be fine - I'm not convinced Bruce knows his best team formation or even tactics .

I think there is plenty to be critical of Bruce about but the form and performances of McCormack really isn't one.

• Like 3

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I think there is plenty to be critical of Bruce about but the form and performances of McCormack really isn't one.

No doubt mccormack hasn't helped himself but there is a player in there and if the manager can get him playing to his ability then it will no doubt benefit us all. 

The attacking side of our play is awful and in mccormack , hogan lansbury and hourihane we have players who've created and scored for fun elsewhere at this level - we have the players here to achieve promotion - we have got to find a way to play to their strengths. 

• Like 3

I thought RMcM looked drained yesterday. After not getting into shape last season and barely playing all year, to 2 games in a couple of days I think that's to be expected. I'm glad he seems to be working hard, has got his head down and looks in better shape. If we could get 25/30 good games out of him he'll be a real asset.

7 hours ago, Eastie said:

No doubt mccormack hasn't helped himself but there is a player in there and if the manager can get him playing to his ability then it will no doubt benefit us all. 

The attacking side of our play is awful and in mccormack , hogan lansbury and hourihane we have players who've created and scored for fun elsewhere at this level - we have the players here to achieve promotion - we have got to find a way to play to their strengths. 

A different manager perhaps?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just watched his Fulham YouTube clip. What the hell happens to players when they join Villa? 

- I cant accept this, if he is willing to take big wages and a big fee he needs to be putting more in. He has been dire under three managers. He has no one but himself to blame, not the club. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

- I cant accept this, if he is willing to take big wages and a big fee he needs to be putting more in. He has been dire under three managers. He has no one but himself to blame, not the club. 

I agree I just don't get why he has been so shit. 

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree I just don't get why he has been so shit. 

I know mate either do I! Is it the pressure of playing for a big club? But then what was his excuse at Forest? Clearly he knows this league inside out just dont understand what happened last year. I think its last chance saloon here at Villa 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Would have had a fair few more goals before January if Ayew or Kodjia could make a 2 yard pass instead of shooting. Just saying..

You've got a point there. He has always been the main man with the team all revolved around providing him chances. At villa he was just another player so chances dried up as did goals which in turn hit his confidence. 

Â