Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I’d still take it.

Wham bars and Famous Grouse will be the currency post Brexit.

He's a playboy. I expect he will require a sherbert fountain minimum. 

I think I've read most pages on here and the articles published about him over the last years, but I still haven't understood what it is he has done to be regarded as a persona non grata at the club. The gate incident is the only concrete example I have heard about where he has missbehaved, but that itself wouldn't be enough to get that status. From what I have seen in his interviews he has conducted himself fairly professionally, not critizicing the club or manager too much.

I have heard rumours about drinking problems, mental health issues, attitude problems, weight problems etc, and I guess some of it must be true (weight problem for sure), otherwise we would have had one of the best strikers in the division on our books.

If however the current situation was caused by mental health issues, if his divorce(?) took a knock on him, injuries, that freak facial operation etc is the explanation, then I have some sympathy for him.

It could as well be that he is a big arse, happy with the big pay day and didn't care about anyhting else then him self, but I would like to know what the story is here, and not just rumours.

A year ago I still had hope that he could come back into the fold, playing under a new manager and contributing, I really liked him as a player. But now I have given up any hope I had, quite sadly so.

On 31/12/2018 at 12:47, tomav84 said:

in fairness, 4k a week isn't a typical national league wage

Maybe not but its fair to bring up in connection with somebody suggesting Motherwell could pay a chunk of McCormack wages 

..... aaaaaaaand he's back!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/mariners-striker-ross-mccormack-departs-after-being-recalled-by-aston-villa/news-story/420285fa4485bbc63be9de1d2ceee54a

Central Coast striker Ross McCormack has played his last game for the A-League side after being recalled by parent club Aston Villa.

The Mariners confirmed McCormack’s departure in a statement on Saturday, saying they had received an “official notice of recall” from Aston Villa.

“I would like to thank the Central Coast Mariners and the fans for welcoming me on the Central Coast with open arms. Although I was only there for a short period, everyone made me feel very welcome from day one,” McCormack said in a statement.

“The opportunity for me to return to the UK is something that I couldn’t turn down and will allow me to see my children more, which is something that is very important to me.

“I wish the playing group and coaching staff all the best for the rest of the season.”

After watching his side get pumped 5-2 by Sydney FC on Saturday, Mariners coach Mike Mulvey suggested some serious changes were afoot in Gosford.

The loss stretched their historic winless run to start a season to an 11th game.

“I think you guys (the media) need to be fair and have a look at the performances and say, ‘these guys are still playing’,” Mulvey said.

“They’re having a go. They’re giving as much as they possibly can.

“But there’ll be something happening in the next few days.”

Asked whether that meant player signings, Mulvey said: “Yes.” Pressed further on whether that meant a replacement for McCormack, Mulvey was diplomatic.

“I can’t say anything until ... Aston Villa is the parent club,” he said. “But yes, we will be active.”

McCormack was considered a major part of yet another Mariners rebuild this season, having been loaned out by Aston Villa on the eve of the campaign. However the 32-year-old will depart after just five games for the club, scoring once, after suffering a knee injury in November.

His exit leaves the last-placed Mariners with a serious gap in star talent, with Mulvey forced to deploy youngster Jordan Murray and veteran Matt Simon up front with little success.

The former Brisbane mentor reached for positives in the lopsided result, and also believed his team were victims of some refereeing inconsistencies against the Sky Blues.

“Alex Wilkinson is a beautiful guy, but he went in on a two-footed challenge. If my player had not moved his left out of the way, that’s a leg break,” Mulvey said.

“Why don’t we have a consistency in football? That was worse than Cisse’s tackle. Or at least if the referee deemed that was a foul in the first place, then that’s got to be a foul.”

He also criticised the referee’s decision to award Sydney FC a penalty for their second goal, despite replays showing Jacob Melling caught Adam Le Fondre with his trailing leg.

“I don’t know any ex-footballer, or footballer who’s still playing, that would give that if they were in that position,” Mulvey said.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thank god. I hope we are not paying all his wages. Let's hope he does well and then we can get rid of him for good.

we will be paying a vast % of his wages i would imagine, whats he on?, 40k?, no way they could afford all of that.

4 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

Why not give him another go?

I reckon he would shit all over Hogan.

Totally agree with this and previous quotes asking "what has he done wrong?".  OK, the gate issue but if he has mental health problems then shouldn't we be supporting him?

Regardless of the reasons, he's a far better player than Hogan and if handled properly would be a real asset.  It seems it is only at AVFC that he's failed!  Brucie's fault or his?

1 minute ago, Tomsub said:

Totally agree with this and previous quotes asking "what has he done wrong?".  OK, the gate issue but if he has mental health problems then shouldn't we be supporting him?

Regardless of the reasons, he's a far better player than Hogan and if handled properly would be a real asset.  It seems it is only at AVFC that he's failed!  Brucie's fault or his?

You would be hard pushed to find a bigger critic of Bruce than me, I wanted him gone after his first season, there are so many things to be critical for during his tenure. But I don’t blame him for McCormack.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You would be hard pushed to find a bigger critic of Bruce than me, I wanted him gone after his first season, there are so many things to be critical for during his tenure. But I don’t blame him for McCormack.

I don’t blame him for the the issues regarding McCormack.

I just really wish he hadn’t done the gate story at the press conference. Maybe it would have been circulated anyway, word of mouth style, but it could easily been brushed off as some apocryphal tale.

I kinda get why he may have done it, making an example of him, get his back up try and prove me and everyone wrong. Perhaps something learned off Fergie.

Didn’t work though and the effect it’s had is to make McCormack an even more difficult sale than he would have been.

Like I say, McCormack is to blame here. But as far as I’m aware, Bruce didn’t make things any easier.

• Like 2

Â