Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Plus a reminder how poor he actually is and why he has no future here as most of us knew already.

Yep. Yet some were convinced he should be given ANOTHER chance in our team.

He was bombed out for a reason. He's finished.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

Ridiculous comment in my opinion - I have no idea why someone would be moved to post this ??

Neither do I Dave, honestly, totally don't get it at all.......

....that you chose to take umbrage with it is the exact reason it was posted......

.......now where did I put that olive branch..........

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Neither do I Dave, honestly, totally don't get it at all.......

....that you chose to take umbrage with it is the exact reason it was posted......

.......now where did I put that olive branch..........

Seeing as I think you're accusing me of trolling Dave, which is not true (I couldn't give a flying **** what Dave thinks), I'll clarify my comment.

I was suggesting that a certain portion of the fan base seem to blame Bruce for Ross' poor performances. They think that Bruce dropping him is why his performances have been poor and his career has taken a nosedive. Thus I was predicting that said portion would blame Ross being unable to break into the Motherwell team on bruce's actions ruining his career.

When in reality, imo, it's the other way round. Ross' poor performances and, allegedly, attitude is what caused Bruce to drop him and ship him off on loan in the first place, and his failure to get into the Motherwell team is testament to that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Seeing as I think you're accusing me of trolling Dave, which is not true (I couldn't give a flying **** what Dave thinks), I'll clarify my comment.

I was suggesting that a certain portion of the fan base seem to blame Bruce for Ross' poor performances. They think that Bruce dropping him is why his performances have been poor and his career has taken a nosedive. Thus I was predicting that said portion would blame Ross being unable to break into the Motherwell team on bruce's actions ruining his career.

When in reality, imo, it's the other way round. Ross' poor performances and, allegedly, attitude is what caused Bruce to drop him and ship him off on loan in the first place, and his failure to get into the Motherwell team is testament to that

Why am I not surprised by the above comments. surely anyone would realise that McCormack will need time to rebuild his fitness  - after all he only came back from Oz because of injury, it's no surprise at all to me that he is benched at the moment  - then again why let facts get in the way of a good troll eh Stevo 

It annoys me how every one slags this signing, and others like it, but everyone was delighted at the time. Complete revisionism/retconning. No doubt i'll get a chorus of "oh look back at my comment history, I never wanted him...." etc but the general consensus was that it was a good move. Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean the owner or manager made a monumental balls up.

Sometimes it is simply the player getting a great contract and losing all motivation to perform and succeed. In fact a big contract at a big club is viewed by many a player as the end of the hard work, rather than the beginning. Which I totally get being a lazy git myself.

When people talk about money ruining football I think this is the most acute example as it highlights the difference between the players who have a genuine love of playing the game and a craving for success, regardless of the money (see John Terry, Zola etc.), and those who see it a job, solely as a means to getting the biggest amount of money as possible in an, albeit short, career.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

It annoys me how every one slags this signing, and others like it, but everyone was delighted at the time. Complete revisionism/retconning. ...but the general consensus was that it was a good move. Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean the owner or manager made a monumental balls up.

Sometimes it is simply the player getting a great contract and losing all motivation to perform and succeed. In fact a big contract at a big club is viewed by many a player as the end of the hard work, rather than the beginning. Which I totally get being a lazy git myself.

When people talk about money ruining football I think this is the most acute example as it highlights the difference between the players who have a genuine love of playing the game and a craving for success, regardless of the money (see John Terry, Zola etc.), and those who see it a job, solely as a means to getting the biggest amount of money as possible in an, albeit short, career.

I know what you're getting at, and in many transfers I'd agree. But this one is different.

Fans hearing news of a signing, basically know little about the charachter, motivation background etc. of a player - we're usally "oh, good he scores goals" or "good, we need a left back" and are optimistic. The point you make about motivation for love of playing, or for money is exactly right and the club should do its best to find out what makes a player tick. The Club and manager are not fans, they are professionals and are employed to perform proper checks and scouting and a deeper examination than fans remembering a game they saw 3 months ago on TV. There was a degree of "history" with McCormack, where um, lifestyle issues, relationship with team mates etc. were something of a question. Or in simple terms it was a major gamble to sign him and a degree of criticsim for that act isn't out of place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spending £12m or whatever and handing out a big 4 year deal on a 30 y.o Championship level striker who couldn't even get into the Scottish national side was always going to be a retarded move.

Factoring in the reports from previous clubs about his behavior, fitness level and his very hot & cold form from season to season makes it even worse..

It's the worst signing in club history, and the odds of it turning out like that were pretty good when we signed him. No surprise at all.

Since he obviously has issues, whatever they may be, I'm sure the club could have handled them better.

But just a terrible signing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

When in reality, imo, it's the other way round. Ross' poor performances and, allegedly, attitude is what caused Bruce to drop him and ship him off on loan in the first place, and his failure to get into the Motherwell team is testament to that.

I agree with you Stevo, couldn't care less if you are or are not trolling Dave or anyone else, apols if my post came across as taking any issue with that.

Dave was however one of the posters constantly calling for the olive branch and making out that it was more Bruce's fault than the player - something you and I have vehemently disagreed with throughout.

I just thought it interesting that Dave felt the need to respond, the vast majority would not have but then that's because they weren't constantly calling for him to be reinstated in the team and blaming Bruce for the whole situation.

So, to reiterate I agree with you entirely! :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I agree with you Stevo, couldn't care less if you are or are not trolling Dave or anyone else, apols if my post came across as taking any issue with that.

Dave was however one of the posters constantly calling for the olive branch and making out that it was more Bruce's fault than the player - something you and I have vehemently disagreed with throughout.

I just thought it interesting that Dave felt the need to respond, the vast majority would not have but then that's because they weren't constantly calling for him to be reinstated in the team and blaming Bruce for the whole situation.

So, to reiterate I agree with you entirely! :) 

Understood!

We're on the same page.

We see his failure to get into the Motherwell team as further proof that he's finished.

Others see it as further proof that Bruce ruined his career.

38 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

It annoys me how every one slags this signing, and others like it, but everyone was delighted at the time. Complete revisionism/retconning. No doubt i'll get a chorus of "oh look back at my comment history, I never wanted him...." etc but the general consensus was that it was a good move. Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean the owner or manager made a monumental balls up.

But most people thought the Richards signing was good at the time. Doesn't mean we can't, with the benefit of hindsight, look back and say how bad it was.

I was thrilled with the McCormack signing. But there's nothing wrong with me now looking back and saying I was wrong to be thrilled. He's been a dreadful signing.

21 minutes ago, blandy said:

I know what you're getting at, and in many transfers I'd agree. But this one is different.

Fans hearing news of a signing, basically know little about the charachter, motivation background etc. of a player - we're usally "oh, good he scores goals" or "good, we need a left back" and are optimistic. The point you make about motivation for love of playing, or for money is exactly right and the club should do its best to find out what makes a player tick. The Club and manager are not fans, they are professionals and are employed to perform proper checks and scouting and a deeper examination than fans remembering a game they saw 3 months ago on TV. There was a degree of "history" with McCormack, where um, lifestyle issues, relationship with team mates etc. were something of a question. Or in simple terms it was a major gamble to sign him and a degree of criticsim for that act isn't out of place.

I work in Recruitment essentially and we use a psychometric tool here during our interviewing process (most of the time, when I remember to send it out!).

I attended a 3 day training course to become a 'certified analyst' on this tool and the trainer said many premier league clubs were using the same tool for their recruitment, even for players. It's a behavioural identifier and pretty accurate too, I've not know anyone to disagree with the report that's kicked out at the end of it all.......I wonder if we're doing anything like this?

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I work in Recruitment essentially and we use a psychometric tool here during our interviewing process (most of the time, when I remember to send it out!).

I attended a 3 day training course to become a 'certified analyst' on this tool and the trainer said many premier league clubs were using the same tool for their recruitment, even for players. It's a behavioural identifier and pretty accurate too, I've not know anyone to disagree with the report that's kicked out at the end of it all.......I wonder if we're doing anything like this?

Never mind Ross McCormack my certified analyst friend, I'm just glad auto-correct didn't kick in. Or maybe it did...?

My tuppence is he's a greedy, good for nothing who's mugging off our club. Shame on whoever offered him that contract. Shame, shame, SHAME!

I just want this modern day Bosko Balaban out of Villa so we can close off this thread and pretty much forget he ever happened. Just like your auto-correct... or not...

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Looks to be setting the scottish league on fire since his move up north.

Not even in the squad today or on the bench.

He must have played all of 10 minutes of football up there so far since his move.

Hopefully we terminate his contract in June.

Had attitude issues, fell out with team-mates and loads other problems at  every club he was at from Rangers, Doncaster (Loan), Cardiff, Leeds, Fulham then us. Whoever sanctioned that move after not doing enough due-diligence is an absolute cockwomble.

I was devestated when we signed likes of him, Lescott & Richards and next up is Lansbury as knew they would all take the piss out of Villa based on previous at all their other clubs. We really need stop looking at and signing these type of bad eggs.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I was devestated when we signed likes of him

Too true.

Slightly OT but I see Hastie on the score sheet yet again.

I hope the club are looking at him and McKenna at Aberdeen, but from what you've said so far.. I doubt we are.

Back on topic. It don't suprise me McCormack has f****d this move up either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Too true.

Slightly OT but I see Hastie on the score sheet yet again.

I hope the club are looking at him and McKenna at Aberdeen, but from what you've said so far.. I doubt we are.

Back on topic. It don't suprise me McCormack has f****d this move up either.

Andy i'll inbox you

On 07/02/2019 at 11:50, Stevo985 said:

But most people thought the Richards signing was good at the time. Doesn't mean we can't, with the benefit of hindsight, look back and say how bad it was.

I was thrilled with the McCormack signing. But there's nothing wrong with me now looking back and saying I was wrong to be thrilled. He's been a dreadful signing.

What on earth made you think Richards was a good signing ? 

On 17/02/2019 at 17:38, Villan4Life said:

Had attitude issues, fell out with team-mates and loads other problems at  every club he was at from Rangers, Doncaster (Loan), Cardiff, Leeds, Fulham then us. Whoever sanctioned that move after not doing enough due-diligence is an absolute cockwomble.

I was devestated when we signed likes of him, Lescott & Richards and next up is Lansbury as knew they would all take the piss out of Villa based on previous at all their other clubs. We really need stop looking at and signing these type of bad eggs.

I get the first three but lansbury? He ha sbeen injured all year his hasn't been bad attitude I don't think

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

numerous Speeding fines galore,. Has a poor general attitude.  Had poor attitude at Arsenal, West Ham & Forest.. Heard from others in the game he is a bad egg. Hence why he never put effort in at Villa.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3171092/Henri-Lansbury-hit-six-month-driving-ban-1-500-fine-Nottingham-Forest-midfielder-caught-speeding-115mph.html

These are the type of players we should do more due diligence on likes of Richards, Lansbury, McCormack and Lescott and many others. 

Oh god no, you mean, wait....what? He went fast in a really fast nice car?! 

Mate I've clocked more than that in the shit cars I've had, hardly something to judge someone on. 

Â