Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

Or he could have stayed in Brum whilst still drawing that big fat salary for doing diddly squat.

You're in a job where you have a lot of time off, would you rather spend that time off chilling in Australia or Birmingham?

He gets to be a big cheese scoring plenty of goals without having to put too much into it out there or slogging through training in the British winter barely even being a cog because that would require actually putting some effort in to get fit, all while earning the same amount either way. 

You make it sound like moving to Australia is basically the worst thing ever and only a truly selfless and dedicated professional would ever do it, in reality it's really not a difficult choice to make and the quality of life he can enjoy over there is far greater than here, I don't imagine he's gone over there for footballing reasons

This is all only my opinion of course 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bolt actually owns his own Sports Bars and Restaurants, Ross has found a friend indeed.

?

Yeah, but its not the Erdington Social...Ooops hush my mouth.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, weedman said:

You're in a job where you have a lot of time off, would you rather spend that time off chilling in Australia or Birmingham?

He gets to be a big cheese scoring plenty of goals without having to put too much into it out there or slogging through training in the British winter barely even being a cog because that would require actually putting some effort in to get fit, all while earning the same amount either way. 

You make it sound like moving to Australia is basically the worst thing ever and only a truly selfless and dedicated professional would ever do it, in reality it's really not a difficult choice to make and the quality of life he can enjoy over there is far greater than here, I don't imagine he's gone over there for footballing reasons

This is all only my opinion of course 

Well that's one way to look at it I suppose, But Oz is a long way to go without your family with you - it's an uncompromising league where a rash tackle could end it all - he has just as much to lose as he does to gain over there  - after all  everyone dismisses it as a rubbish league.

On 30/10/2018 at 03:21, Dave J said:

Or he could have stayed in Brum whilst still drawing that big fat salary for doing diddly squat.

Or gone on load to any club in the British isles, or europe or........arrrrr still not seeing the pattern Dave? Nobody wants the drunk.

• Like 1

When I commented on how much Collymore let us down and was probably one of our worst signings ever I got quickly reminded by a few (some quite patronisingly) of his mental health issues. 

Yet it seems fine to write insulting posts about Mcmormack who clearly had problems while at Villa and nobody bats an eyelid.

Seems a little hypocrital.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Or gone on load to any club in the British isles, or europe or........arrrrr still not seeing the pattern Dave? Nobody wants the drunk.

So instead of helping someone with an issue - we cast aside a £12mill asset- how will we know if DS cannot micro manage him better than the other clueless guy - if he's on the other side of the world?

19 minutes ago, Dave J said:

So instead of helping someone with an issue - we cast aside a £12mill asset- how will we know if DS cannot micro manage him better than the other clueless guy - if he's on the other side of the world?

Worth noting tne “clueless guy” at Nottingham Forest couldn’t get anything from him when he was on loan so maybe Ross has just been unlucky in meeting more than one “clueless guy”.

He seems to be flourishing in a less demanding environment playing a lower standard of football. Can’t you just be happy for him?

Not this shit again.

Is being a piss head now considered as having a mental health issue? Just wondered because it might be a card I'll play if i ever get pulled in for stinking of booze at work. 

55 minutes ago, av1 said:

Not this shit again.

Is being a piss head now considered as having a mental health issue? Just wondered because it might be a card I'll play if i ever get pulled in for stinking of booze at work. 

How are you with electronic gates btw?

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

How are you with electronic gates btw?

I'm an Electrician so one would hope that even after 6 pints I'd fair a little better than Ross ?

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Not this shit again.

It’s not a mental health issue but alcoholism is a massive problem. If someone turns up to work stinking of booze cuz they had a night out then no they problably don’t have a problem and are just irresponsible.

But if they stank of booze because they woke up and knocked down some vodka to get through the day and stop the shaking then I’d say they’ve got serious issues mental or not and need help rather than disciplined.

I’m not saying McCormack is an alki and to be honest I don’t really care. 

But think about what you’ve just posted mate.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s not a mental health issue but alcoholism is a massive problem. If someone turns up to work stinking of booze cuz they had a night out then no they problably don’t have a problem and are just irresponsible.

But if they stank of booze because they woke up and knocked down some vodka to get through the day and stop the shaking then I’d say they’ve got serious issues mental or not and need help rather than disciplined.

I’m not saying McCormack is an alki and to be honest I don’t really care. 

But think about what you’ve just posted mate.

I'm well aware of the difference having lost my father to issues as a result of being an alcoholic so my post was slightly tongue in cheek, but i refuse to believe that any club would discard a £12m assest that had a serious problem, which leads me to think that Ross is just a piss head rather than suffering from serious alcoholism. 

I'm also a bit cynical of the constant reference to mental heath issues. We don't know this as fact, what we do know is that Ross likes a drink, that doesn't mean he has mental health issues. 

38 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm also a bit cynical of the constant reference to mental heath issues. We don't know this as fact, what we do know is that Ross likes a drink, that doesn't mean he has mental health issues. 

Fair enough. I only brought it up because of the amount of comments I got around Collymore when I said he was a disgrace for how he behaved in his first season at Villa.

If Ross McCormack has mental health issues then he needs help. I would be very VERY surprised if the club hadn't offered this, or at least helped him find the right help. 

If Ross McCormack doesn't have mental health issues then he has a professionalism and attitude problem.

In either scenario, he's not fit to be playing for Aston Villa. He's done here.

On 31/10/2018 at 12:48, Vive_La_Villa said:

So we have to wait for him to confirm it and if he does we are no longer allowed to insult him? 

No, more a point that people are giving the guy excuses and proclaiming he has serious issues when it's based on nothing but hearsay as far as I can tell.

On another note, Adam Le Fondre scored another brace today. He currently has 7 goals in 6 games for Sydney FC, and he is awful.

46 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No, more a point that people are giving the guy excuses and proclaiming he has serious issues when it's based on nothing but hearsay as far as I can tell.

On another note, Adam Le Fondre scored another brace today. He currently has 7 goals in 6 games for Sydney FC, and he is awful.

Give Le Fondre an olive branch!!!!11!!!1!1!

In summary, Ross McCormack has gone out to Australia twice because it’s like a holiday over there or it shows his desire to prove himself as a committed footballer, doing well to score plenty of goals that could have just been against poor defences or coming from free kicks/penalties, all whilst dealing with mental health/alcohol issues that he may or may not have and which the club have/have not given him the requisite support for.

Â