Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

On 12/12/2018 at 13:05, eddiemunster said:

Depressing that this money sponge and Richards are still being paid by the club. Every time I see an update for either, I am initially elated, as I immediately think they have gone, only to be instantly depressed.

This feeling is also known as the "Nzogbia Effect".

• Like 1

On 13/12/2018 at 08:41, Dave-R said:

I agree it's always worth it to find out while we can't get rid fully, maybe he can make his last bit of time at villa worth it somehow. Sure Smith can work some magic with the guy, if Grealish is out have him work as midfielder see if he can convert into how grealish plays.

He has potential. I think under bruce that potential got wasted, look at our players who are playing well under Smith and how they were under bruce..

I agree that it might be worth having a last look at him as long as having him back at the club wouldn't potentially have a negative impact on the rest of the squad. He obviously had issues at the time of the gate fiasco. Hopefully he has taken advice or had treatment for those issues and they are now in the past. Players can go off the rails or find things difficult to cope with and they may need an arm around their shoulder and someone to listen to them rather than a big stick. Time can heal whether it can in this case to the extent that he can play a role again at Villa Park is open to question. I wish him well in the future wherever his future in football may be.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

I agree that it might be worth having a last look at him as long as having him back at the club wouldn't potentially have a negative impact on the rest of the squad. He obviously had issues at the time of the gate fiasco. Hopefully he has taken advice or had treatment for those issues and they are now in the past. Players can go off the rails or find things difficult to cope with and they may need an arm around their shoulder and someone to listen to them rather than a big stick. Time can heal whether it can in this case to the extent that he can play a role again at Villa Park is open to question. I wish him well in the future wherever his future in football may be.   

I'm not the kind of supporter that will boo him because he's showed in the past he's a waste of the money spent on him. I see it as he may of been poorly managed, Lord knows we've had so many bad managers and owners, hopefully bruce is the very last.

I think if anything it would show if Ross came back and made a big come back it would show big time how poorly managed our players worth. If Smith can makes something of Ross then I'm all for it if he can help the team to promotion.

Ross seems to of been looking abit more positive as of late playing next to Bolt. So maybe theres a chance and if i were him id do what i could to turn this around and try make a comeback at Villa.

Good luck to Ross if Smith gives him a chance, it shows great leadership from Smith to do that as many managers wouldn't all because he had a bad run under Bruce and those before.

In fact I would love Ross to do it, it would seriously show how bad we was poorly run and how little worth some managers out there seen certain players who do not become there chosen ones.

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I'm not the kind of supporter that will boo him because he's showed in the past he's a waste of the money spent on him. I see it as he may of been poorly managed, Lord knows we've had so many bad managers and owners, hopefully bruce is the very last.

I think if anything it would show if Ross came back and made a big come back it would show big time how poorly managed our players worth. If Smith can makes something of Ross then I'm all for it if he can help the team to promotion.

Ross seems to of been looking abit more positive as of late playing next to Bolt. So maybe theres a chance and if i were him id do what i could to turn this around and try make a comeback at Villa.

Good luck to Ross if Smith gives him a chance, it shows great leadership from Smith to do that as many managers wouldn't all because he had a bad run under Bruce and those before.

In fact I would love Ross to do it, it would seriously show how bad we was poorly run and how little worth some managers out there seen certain players who do not become there chosen ones.

How very dare you speak with such common sense and even a little compassion - it's just as well you never mentioned the Olive branch scenario - you would have been shot down in flames by those who think they know better than everyone else.

Good post.

Thank you 

• Haha 1

Watching that Sunderland documentary on Netflix.

Looks like he could've gone on loan at the start of last season but we wanted them to pay more wages than they were happy with.

One of them isn't it. If there were no plans to use him, would we have been better off at least getting £20k a week off the budget and pay half ourselves? 

Can't actually remember the state of things at that point in time. Was it already looking like he was in the bomb squad?

What is weird, is that it appears we contacted Sunderland 13 minutes before the end of the window. Grayson was desperate for him but their exec said too much money. If we didn't want him, why wait that late? Maybe it was a tactic from us to try and force their hand into paying for all his wages.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Watching that Sunderland documentary on Netflix.

Looks like he could've gone on loan at the start of last season but we wanted them to pay more wages than they were happy with.

One of them isn't it. If there were no plans to use him, would we have been better off at least getting £20k a week off the budget and pay half ourselves? 

Can't actually remember the state of things at that point in time. Was it already looking like he was in the bomb squad?

What is weird, is that it appears we contacted Sunderland 13 minutes before the end of the window. Grayson was desperate for him but their exec said too much money. If we didn't want him, why wait that late? Maybe it was a tactic from us to try and force their hand into paying for all his wages.

Clearly I don't know McCormack and all I have ever read about him is a poor lifestyle choice - my point has always been consistently this - as a club are we certain we have done enough to support Ross? Did he ever render himself so unfit that he could not be picked ? I'm not so sure he did.

Bruce just did what all old school managers do - admonish  him in public and banish him to the kids.

Maybe Just maybe Dean Smith might like to look at this with a fresh set of eyes who knows?

If we can harness Ross into the right place he might just still grab an important goal or two for us.

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Umm you know Bolt trial ended beginning of November and he didn't play a single league game

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of McCormack ending up in exile, I can't imagine Smith giving him another look. At this point he's a 32 year old, who's been in semi-retirement for a couple of seasons.

Personally, I think the bloke can get to ****, I don't blame Bruce for this waster one bit. He's not been dropped for  far fetched reasons, he just had a habit of not turning up to training, on time, or at all. It's a habit that continued down under, he got dropped from the Melbourne team for a few games for not bothering to go to training.

If he wasn't lucky enough to be good at football, he'd be signing on, what other job do you get to keep getting paid for when you don't bother going to work?

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Umm you know Bolt trial ended beginning of November and he didn't play a single league game

I thought he had, read it it in media that hed been playing next too Bolt.

Edited by Dave-R

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

And brand Bolt wanted £40k a week from Sydney know this for a fact from agent friend i know who works for the club. Just because of this name

Hence why they got shot of Bolt. £40k a week :D

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

How very dare you speak with such common sense and even a little compassion - it's just as well you never mentioned the Olive branch scenario - you would have been shot down in flames by those who think they know better than everyone else.

Good post.

Thank you 

Why are you replying to your own comments? Very strange

• Haha 2

Â