Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

On 12/01/2019 at 05:42, Dave J said:

Hey TRO - I don't feel Paul is the best example to use in these circumstances - they wanted his insurance money nothing more.

Flaw or no flaw he was world class whilst with us.

That's a mistake - Fergie no matter what you say.

No Flaw and he would never have played for us.....Just like Laursen, no injury, we wouldn't get him.

Well, He might feel it wasn't....He was looking at the bigger picture.

However, He was selective, because Whiteside and Robson, were equally as good with the Amber nectar.....Robson just escaped under the radar.

Poor old Paul was bombed out and just became one of the best players in Villa's history.

Edited by TRO

On 24/01/2019 at 16:13, TRO said:

No Flaw and he would never have played for us.....Just like Laursen, no injury, we wouldn't get him.

Well, He might feel it wasn't....He was looking at the bigger picture.

However, He was selective, because Whiteside and Robson, were equally as good with the Amber nectar.....Robson just escaped under the radar.

Poor old Paul was bombed out and just became one of the best players in Villa's history.

Your correct to up to a point TRO - although I very much Fergie would admit he made such a colossal mistake - no manager in the world would not want Paul McGrath in their team playing how he did for us imo 

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

Your correct to up to a point TRO - although I very much Fergie would admit he made such a colossal mistake - no manager in the world would not want Paul McGrath in their team playing how he did for us imo 

The thing is Dave....a manager has to be responsible for the team spirit and discipline.....Paul was not an example of discipline, despite all his other attributes.

Great teams have discipline.

We now have players who are very good....and others that are not up to their standard on many fronts....Hence no Team.

Paul was a great player.......Fergie built a great team, as did Ron Saunders.

We need to understand the difference, 3 or 4 great players will not necessarily make a great team.

We have much work to do.

On 25/01/2019 at 20:58, TRO said:

The thing is Dave....a manager has to be responsible for the team spirit and discipline.....Paul was not an example of discipline, despite all his other attributes.

Great teams have discipline.

We now have players who are very good....and others that are not up to their standard on many fronts....Hence no Team.

Paul was a great player.......Fergie built a great team, as did Ron Saunders.

We need to understand the difference, 3 or 4 great players will not necessarily make a great team.

We have much work to do.

TRO - not sure if your agreeing or disagreeing tbh.

All I know is that Fergie sold us a world class footballer - who if played for his country of birth would have been recognised the world over as a footballing legend.

oh for those days sat in the Trinity watching a genius ply his trade week in week out.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dave J said:

All I know is that Fergie sold us a world class footballer - who if played for his country of birth would have been recognised the world over as a footballing legend.

oh for those days sat in the Trinity watching a genius ply his trade week in week out.

There was a season for us that he was possibly the best defender in world football....I am not sure we could ever say that about any of our players, ever.

But we was talking about building a team, too....Fergie felt he was a bad influence along with Whiteside.....That was his call.....but judging by what he built, who am I to say he was wrong...and maybe he didn't think he was.

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

There was a season for us that he was possibly the best defender in world football....I am not sure we could ever say that about any of our players, ever.

But we was talking about building a team, too....Fergie felt he was a bad influence along with Whiteside.....That was his call.....but judging by what he built, who am I to say he was wrong...and maybe he didn't think he was.

Your right TRO - none of our other legends, Brian, Peter, Gary, Sid, Alex, Yorkie ( I did think he was at one point - but when I saw him play in Europe I realised he wasn't ) etc etc were world class.

Laursen  was world class - although I can't call him a villa legend 😞

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Forest fans singing "You'll never beat Des Walker" willing it to be so. 

We didn't need to sing any of that nonsense as it was just a fact. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Forest fans singing "You'll never beat Des Walker" willing it to be so. 

We didn't need to sing any of that nonsense as it was just a fact. 

You are so right. Paul is a footballing genius - he is to defending - what Gerd Muller is to scoring goals 

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I notice McCormack never made it off the bench on Saturday in Motherwell's away win at Dundee.

I'm sure some posters will blame Bruce for McCormack not getting in the Motherwell team.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I didn't realise he was manager of Motherwell?   :P

He's not the manager of Aston Villa either but he was still getting the blame for Ross not getting back in our team under Dean Smith 🤨

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's not the manager of Aston Villa either but he was still getting the blame for Ross not getting back in our team under Dean Smith 🤨

I don't see how that is possible.

Ross said as much it all in a recent interview 'as soon as you walk into Villa' and i'd put it down to more him and how he applys himself more than anything.

I agree and I find the whole fascination of Bruce laughable full stop. Maybe they need to grab a Sheff Wednesday shirt imo?  🤔

Thankfully, neither of the above mentioned are no longer at Villa. :thumb:

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My brother is a Fulham fan and always told me this was a dumb move from the moment we were linked to him. He was saying the whole squad has to be built around him but the way he plays just doesn’t work in the modern game.

That being said, not sure where his outright laziness came from when he joined us. I always thought that there was more to it than met the eye with this one but I think he just gave up. 

On 28/01/2019 at 08:31, Stevo985 said:

I'm sure some posters will blame Bruce for McCormack not getting in the Motherwell team.

Ridiculous comment in my opinion - I have no idea why someone would be moved to post this ??

Â