Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He’s going to throw him under the bus?

Ross threw himself under the bus. Don’t do what the other Dave does and ask the same questions over and over again in this thread. 

He got more than one chance under Bruce and he didn’t take it. 

If he gets ANOTHER chance under Dean Smith then it’s more than he deserves. I hope he takes it. 

In reality I expect his last villa game was a long time ago

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ross threw himself under the bus. Don’t do what the other Dave does and ask the same questions over and over again in this thread. 

He got more than one chance under Bruce and he didn’t take it. 

If he gets ANOTHER chance under Dean Smith then it’s more than he deserves. I hope he takes it. 

In reality I expect his last villa game was a long time ago

I wasn’t aware the question had been asked before. My gripe with the whole affair was that it shouldn’t have been so public, not to protect RMC, but to protect the club’s investment. Dirty washing in public and all that. I agree with the rest of your post though. 

• Like 1

Odd comments once again - I personally consider a forum a great place to ask the same  questions as frequently as you wish - regardless of whether it suits someone else's  agenda surely?

New members join all the time and might wish to participate in healthy debate - I thought everyone would welcome this 

On 16/12/2018 at 21:18, DaveAV1 said:

I wasn’t aware the question had been asked before. My gripe with the whole affair was that it shouldn’t have been so public, not to protect RMC, but to protect the club’s investment. Dirty washing in public and all that. I agree with the rest of your post though. 

It's never nice for things to be aired in public. But I don't think Bruce made it public. The story about the gate got out and Bruce answered questions about it. I don't think he deliberately threw Ross under the bus publically.

I think it was mostly conducted behind the scenes. Ross clearly had his chances but eventually the club gave up.

By all accounts Ross only has himself to blame.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's never nice for things to be aired in public. But I don't think Bruce made it public. The story about the gate got out and Bruce answered questions about it

I wonder who did make it public? Well I don’t really. It’s not hard to guess. It was dumb move, perhaps driven by complete frustration with the player’s “lifestyle”. 

@Stevo985 I really think I should take you to task over this thread. With respect Stevo - you criticise  me for posting in this thread with the " same questions " yet you don't seem  to acknowledge that pretty much every time this thread is raised - your on here giving your opinion that everything is Ross's fault - he's had more chances than he deserved etc etc.  What's the difference ?  But I don't criticise you for doing thing this - if that's how you feel - that's fine.

I remember when you used to call me obsessive for posting re: Gabby - I won't but I think with some justification I could say the same about you and this post?

@Stevo985 again with respect I feel you at times have difficulty in accepting that I and others do not share your view and will challenge you at times.  This is not your forum it's everyones and this is what makes it a good place to be part of - would you not agree? Without differences of opinion there is no VT.

Anyway back to Ross - the first time I knew anything about any issues surrounding him - came after wolves away and it appeared to snow ball from there.

You might be privy  to information regarding Ross and his circumstances  before the wolves game - but I don't think you have shared this here? - although I will happily stand corrected if so.

For the record this is my view of the situation - Ross has been out of order and made mistakes as I'm told via the media  - I am happy to accept this account - but equally I think Bruce does not come out of this smelling of roses either and it could and should have been handled differently and away from the glare of publicity.

with reference to the olive branch scenario  - something you appear to dismiss at every possible juncture - if Dean Smith feels that he might be able to harvest Ross's talents in a positive and meaningful manner that benefits Aston Villa - why would this be a bad thing ? This surprises me that you might think otherwise.

Having said this is he not on a season long loan? - so it wouldn't be happening anytime soon - and neither do I expect to see him in a Villa shirt again.

Its a sorry saga all round with both parties needing to take a long look at themselves in my humble opinion 

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's never nice for things to be aired in public. 

Sometimes it's for the best, certainly where my decades old lucky grundies are concerned, but more to the point @Stevo985, I'm guessing you would recuse your endlessly repeating beef with Dave from the above?

47 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Sometimes it's for the best, certainly where my decades old lucky grundies are concerned, but more to the point @Stevo985, I'm guessing you would recuse your endlessly repeating beef with Dave from the above?

I have no beef with Dave. I just can't read Dave's posts anymore. It was his infuriating repetitiveness in this thread, despite everybody answering his same question over and over and over again, that forced me to put him on the ignore list. Nothing against him personally.

I assume he's still wondering why Bruce never offered Ross an "olive branch" (even though he did). I'll bet he somehow managed to drop Gabby Agbonlahor into the post as well.

He's free to post whatever he likes, of course. I just don't want to read it anymore.

Edited by Stevo985

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I have no beef with Dave. I just can't read Dave's posts anymore. It was his infuriating repetitiveness in this thread, despite everybody answering his same question over and over and over again, that forced me to put him on the ignore list. Nothing against him personally.

I assume he's still wondering why Bruce never offered Ross an "olive branch" (even though he did). I'll bet he somehow managed to drop Gabby Agbonlahor into the post as well.

He's free to post whatever he likes, of course. I just don't want to read it anymore.

If ever there was a more classic case in point.

Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently Motherwell are in talks to take him. Let them have for free and get him off the wage bill. Hopefully  this cretin leaves for good.

At the end of the season? As I thought he was playing in Oz until May?

It would only be another loan Dem and Yes he has been spotted watching Motherwell vs Hamilton and it would appear both parties are keen for a move it seems.

RMC would need to get over his current injury. And The current loan deal would need to be ended in order for his new loan one to Motherwell to go through.

No matter what or where he goes we will still be footing the majority of his wages anyway so he won't be off the wage bill.. just out the way for now.

His Villa career is done and has been for a long time. Roll on June 2020.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

6 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Can't see Motherwell paying a lot to his wages. When does his contract with actually end? 

They won't be because they cannot afford to.

We will likely be paying 70-80% of the wages just to keep him away.

His contract at Mariners ends in May 2019, all parties must be trying to end it to make his Motherwell loan happen (if the rumours have any ground).

We are contractually stuck with him for the next 16 months unless some gormless fool pays us £2m fee to sign him - but why should they when they can loan him for free and Villa pays upto 80% of his wages.

Another disaster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

At the end of the season? As I thought he was playing in Oz until May?

It would only be another loan Dem and Yes he has been spotted watching Motherwell vs Hamilton and it would appear both parties are keen for a move it seems.

RMC would need to get over his current injury. And The current loan deal would need to be ended in order for his new loan one to Motherwell to go through.

No matter what or where he goes we will still be footing the majority of his wages anyway so he won't be off the wage bill.. just out the way for now.

His Villa career is done and has been for a long time. Roll on June 2020.

Let them have him for free and we pay like 10k or 20k of his wages tops for 12 months. I'm sure a club woukd come in under those terms surely?

I dont know what sort of budget Motherwell have. But between this and that other oaf richards its 100k a week or close to. Sickening 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont know what sort of budget Motherwell have.

If I had to hazard a guess i'd say £141 from the revenue of the last game's gate reciepts, half a bottle of Famous Grouse, and a Wham bar.

Villa will be paying the majority of his wages.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If I had to hazard a guess i'd say £141 from the revenue of the last game's gate reciepts, half a bottle of Famous Grouse, and a Wham bar.

Villa will be paying the majority of his wages.

I’d still take it.

Wham bars and Famous Grouse will be the currency post Brexit.

• Haha 3

Â