Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wish it was , and let me make it clear I dont agree with it but it does happen in a lot of private companies. If your having maritial problems they may give you a couple days to sort your head out if you are lucky or no the new trend is take A/L if you wnat time off. Its not right but thats how a lot of companies are today. 

But do we even know if this 100% the case or just rumours?

Come on now calling steve Bruce is not very nice ;)

I suppose it might depend in how you position it wth your employer. 

If I went into work to tomorrow and explained I was suffering mentally from a marital breakdown and they said 'get on with it', I'd say 'I wonder which court our tribunal will be in'. And a few months later, I'd have enough cash to not have to work for a while. 

4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I suppose it might depend in how you position it wth your employer. 

If I went into work to tomorrow and explained I was suffering mentally from a marital breakdown and they said 'get on with it', I'd say 'I wonder which court our tribunal will be in'. And a few months later, I'd have enough cash to not have to work for a while. 

Yeah you probably will but taking companies to court is expensive, you have to prove that they said this and also when you want to get another job you cant use this company as a reference, if you do they can say you took them to court which could be a put off for future employers. Its not right and it sucks 

Well according to Bruce he isn't getting picked because of how he was pre - season.

Which adds to my overall bafflement.

Because whilst he was largely average, he was certainly no worse than Agbonlahor or Hogan.

Of course there may be more to it, but I can only go on what the Manager has said. 

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well according to Bruce he isn't getting picked because of how he was pre - season.

Because whilst he was largely average, he was certainly no worse than Agbonlahor or Hogan.

Of course there may be more to it, but I can only go on what the Manager has said. 

Same with me Terry, both gabby and hogan have been shoddy so far 

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

I obviously was not there when Bruce was conducting training, but from what I saw, and everyone else saw from the preseason matches, Ross looked good. His movement off the ball was great. He wanted the ball, and created numerous scoring opportunities. His finishing was off, but that could have been lack of match sharpness. What was promising was Ross was getting those scoring chances.

Now if Ross just refused to do anything in training, then so be it, but Bruce HIMSELF said Ross had done very well this preseason. So Bruce is lying somewhere here. With Hogan out hurt, and Kodjia still recovering, why not at least put Ross on the bench and give him a try? Samba at striker is not a better option.

Perhaps Ross told him in training that lumping the ball forward aimlessly isn't a successful tactic .

Ross has some issues clearly but Bruce has aired in all in Public now wont play him which has reduced his value , unfortunately for Bruce he is doing such a piss poor job in charge I suspect Ross might outlast him here.

I think another boss coming in is likely to give him a chance rather than sell as what will be such a reduced rate we will struggle for a replacement 

• Like 2

Until the club give out some information surrounding his current circumstances - then us mere mortals can only sit and wonder why a prolific goal scorer is constantly over looked, as someone else pointed out Bruce held out the olive branch for Gabby - why ? I know not, yet he does not appear to wish to afford the same to Ross- confused !!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he ha s a point there until there is actual evidence (if there is can someone show me where it stated he is suffering from depression and marriage problems) it could be just bruce doesnt like him and wont give him a game 

I personally don't think the McCormack situation is a recent to beat Bruce with, no matter what you think of him current as a manager.

4 hours ago, Dave J said:

Until the club give out some information surrounding his current circumstances - then us mere mortals can only sit and wonder why a prolific goal scorer is constantly over looked, as someone else pointed out Bruce held out the olive branch for Gabby - why ? I know not, yet he does not appear to wish to afford the same to Ross- confused !!

I'm sure you know which 75 percent of your post I agree with.

:trollface:

I'm beginning to think that McCormacks issue is just with Bruce, I think the way Bruce mocked the whole Gate saga put Ross's beck up and I think he does not like Bruce and that's why we aren't seeing him, no doubt he could link the midfield and attack together easily.

• Like 2

Â