The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Your new place sounds a lot better than JLR. There is pretty much no incentive to be moved up at JLR.

The biggest difference I’ve noticed is at JLR nobody would take a chance on you. In finance anyway. 

You basically had to more or less do the job you wanted to get promoted to to prove you could do it before anyone would dare officially give you a job. 

New place people are much more willing to give you a chance. Throw you in and see if you can swim. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The biggest difference I’ve noticed is at JLR nobody would take a chance on you. In finance anyway. 

You basically had to more or less do the job you wanted to get promoted to to prove you could do it before anyone would dare officially give you a job. 

New place people are much more willing to give you a chance. Throw you in and see if you can swim. 

Problem I have is with the renumeration at JLR for moving up. The percentage increase is quite small, then you’ll be expected to do more hours for that when you could stay and pick and choose your extra hours for OT.

You get to enter the car scheme, which takes a big chunk out your pay (but gets you a nice car).

So you’re working more hours and taking home quite a bit less money each month (but have a nice car). 

Doesnt really appeal to me, which is annoying.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Problem I have is with the renumeration at JLR for moving up. The percentage increase is quite small, then you’ll be expected to do more hours for that when you could stay and pick and choose your extra hours for OT.

You get to enter the car scheme, which takes a big chunk out your pay (but gets you a nice car).

So you’re working more hours and taking home quite a bit less money each month (but have a nice car). 

Doesnt really appeal to me, which is annoying.

Yeah the OT stuff skews it. We didn't get OT in Finance so getting promoted was a no brainer. It was just really difficult to do.

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah the OT stuff skews it. We didn't get OT in Finance so getting promoted was a no brainer. It was just really difficult to do.

They seem to be promoting a right bunch of muppets recently, you might have been in with a shot ;)

May be relying on VT’s commentary team in the match thread for the game today as possibly can’t watch it.

After that I’m meeting some mates and doing a train pub crawl between Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury. :cheers:

Can’t decide whether to go for a run this morning or to conserve my energy for later.

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 05:34, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep, the damned countdown begins before Monday madness arrives.

God I so hate that Sunday afternoon blues. Hating going to work now. I have been working 43 years and getting fed up of it. 6 years until I retire 

unless my 4:1 bet comes in every week 

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:00, Stevo985 said:

Had a work night out on Friday. Well, not an official organised work thing, but a night out with people I know from work.

Anyway, turned out to be a massive night. Rolled in at 7am.

Nothing wrong with that. But... early on in the night, about 9:30, my boss text me and asked if we were out in Brum and he'd come meet us. I said yeah. He didn't turn up for about 2 hours, by which point I was hammered, and barely remember him being there.
I sobered up a bit later but he'd gone by then and I can't really remember anything I said to him.

Get in to work this morning and he's put a 1 to 1 meeting in with me, which is unusual for him.

I'm a bit nervous!

When I was in Gran canaria  last year, I was txting my mate Mark about how sunny it was. He sent me a txt saying "wankr"

I replied "Tosser"

Then realised I had sent the txt to my MD Mark instead

Had to apologise when I got back to work. I was nervous. But he saw the funny side and he is a Villa fan too. 

• Haha 1

A quiet weekend for me as my cold is coming out. Was going to head to Tamworth today to watch them play FC United of Manchester but i'll give it a miss. 

Will just catch up on TV and films and stay warm! 

Clean up the fishtank

New lamp shades throughout the house

Two car loads of tat taken to the recycling depot

Top quality hour of trolling on a footy website

Jet wash the patio

Clean the wife's car

Take it easy and just enjoy being around the gang as I've been on the road all week and I'm knackered

Was going to an "engagement party" wirh the missus but I've thankfully got out of it as the stepdaughter is going instead. I owe her big time, or I'd have been stuck listening to shit R&B and rap crap all night.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My first weekend off this year has just started, finished work and enjoying a beer in the sun.

Driving up to the Midlands tomorrow and going to Villa Park for the first time in ages on Saturday. Really looking forward to it, it’s been way too long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

My first weekend off this year has just started, finished work and enjoying a beer in the sun.

Driving up to the Midlands tomorrow and going to Villa Park for the first time in ages on Saturday. Really looking forward to it, it’s been way too long.

Yep similar here. It's my birthday weekend so I've got the next four days off.

Few beers tonight then me and the good lady wife are off down to Bristol for a couple of days. Back on Sunday for Infinity War and more beer and a nice family lunch out.

Then do the square root of **** all on Monday to recharge the batteries.

Bliss.

Edited by Designer1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Yep similar here. It's my birthday weekend so I've got the next four days off.

Few beers tonight then me and the good lady wife are off down to Bristol for a couple of days. Back on Sunday for Infinity War and more beer and a nice family lunch out.

Then do the square root of **** all on Monday to recharge the batteries.

Bliss.

It's my birthday weekend too. I'll be staying in Friday night with the baby, might stroll down to a local restaurant. Saturday, I'm rounding up all my degenerate friends and having a session into the early hours. Sunday, I'll probably go for a Turkish breakfast and weep through my hangover.

I'll be in work on Monday sorting out last minute organisation before I pop to Rome on Tuesday for a model UN conference. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Barbecue down my brother in laws, at Coventry. My wife's brother and his neighbour have already sunk seven three litre bottles of strongbow between them. They did start at 10 o'clock though :)

That's almost 19 pints each.

Ummm, call me a wimp but I've never done that in a session.

Â