The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Had the parents over last night. Actually an OK night. No drama at all. Lots of wine drank. Today its a lazy one. 

I like to call lazy days,  Columbo days.  

Got a few on the planner I'm going to get through. 

• Like 2

Went sea fishing in Poole Saturday, 3rd time I've been - finally caught a **** fish! 3 actually, 2 mackerel, and a Gurnard!  

@Paddywhack was properly sea sick too :lol: 

Nice to be bobbing about on a boat for a day :)  Missed my son loads though, was really glad to get back home and play trains with him in the afternoon :D - didn't expect that. 

• Like 1

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Went sea fishing in Poole Saturday, 3rd time I've been - finally caught a **** fish! 3 actually, 2 mackerel, and a Gurnard!  

@Paddywhack was properly sea sick too :lol: 

Nice to be bobbing about on a boat for a day :)  Missed my son loads though, was really glad to get back home and play trains with him in the afternoon :D - didn't expect that. 

It was a miserable day and I still don't feel quite right.

That's it now, I'm hanging up my rod.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

It was a miserable day and I still don't feel quite right.

That's it now, I'm hanging up my rod.

Gaz text me saying there's a charter boat 20mins away from his van in weston :lol: 

FREE ACCOMMODATION!! :crylaugh: 

get ready for 11 more trips next year ;) 

Edited by lapal_fan

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Gaz text me saying there's a charter boat 20mins away from his van in weston :lol: 

FREE ACCOMMODATION!! :crylaugh: 

get ready for 11 more trips next year ;) 

I'll sit on the beach with a book, waiting for the real men to sail in with my fish supper.

• Haha 1

Quiet one this weekend I think. Grab papers in the morning, sort my bets then go the bookies for a bit. Need to do the garden tomorrow too. Chilled one Saturday night, then Sunday take the kids to rugby. Going out for an Indian Sunday night. Before I know it the alarm will be ringing out for work on Monday. 

Friday- Took the recycling to the trash. Folded laundry. Now having a couple of Coronas and watch USA and Mexico games with the family. Couple of cheeky tequilas. 

Saturday-coach two games. Nap and out for a ruby. Cheeky couple of Scotches  

Sudnay-2nd day off in 30 so lay in. Watch England play. And just generally be as lazy as possible!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

Friday- Took the recycling to the trash. Folded laundry. Now having a couple of Coronas and watch USA and Mexico games with the family. Couple of cheeky tequilas. 

Saturday-coach two games. Nap and out for a ruby. Cheeky couple of Scotches  

Sudnay-2nd day off in 30 so lay in. Watch England play. And just generally be as lazy as possible!

keenan has hacked M Wren's account.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

Now laying on man cave couch. Corona in hand. Watching college football. Life is good!

I find the support college football teams get is fantastic. Staggering how fanatical the fans seem to be. I was in Reykjavik last year and the Buckeyes were playing the Wolverines. The sports bar I was in was packed with fans. In Iceland! 

Just now, Xela said:

I find the support college football teams get is fantastic. Staggering how fanatical the fans seem to be. I was in Reykjavik last year and the Buckeyes were playing the Wolverines. The sports bar I was in was packed with fans. In Iceland! 

Yeah mate. A lot of people don’t even watch the pros! Miami vs Florida state right now. Big game!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm lay on living room couch, watching the news with a Stella in hand. What time is it over there? 

AlwaysMillerTime_1240x800-620x400.jpg

• Like 1

Â