The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Chill out night tonight, Saturday afternoon horse racing and they I will be watching the Villa game in The Royal on Sunday, going to start at 10am with a breakfast and see where the day takes me. Got Monday off work B)

Lazy one this weekend. Chill night and reading up on some ways to invest some money

Lie in tomorrow then a few errands to run and probably a film or two tomorrow night

Sunday is usual chores and then I need to log on and do a few hours work . I don't want to come into it on Monday morning. 

Rock n roll hey! 

couple of cans and a curry tonight, narghis kebab, pilau rice, garlic naan, chicken tikka shaschlik balti madras hot

tomorrow I'm round me mom n dads to watch the boxing, my Dad refuses to pay full whack for the fight so he has asked me to go halves with him, in order to say thanks he is buying a bucket of K Fried C for us...he doesn't realise that will come to more than just paying for the fight on his own but I ain't gunna tell them that.

Sunday, no idea, chill out and wait for work I suppose, I'll watch a few films or sommet

• 1 month later...

So a weekend which is unlikely to be ruined by Villa, anyone have any plans?

I was meant to be looking after the little one Saturday night, but her mum has changed it to tonight. Means I’m now at a loss as to what to do for the rest of the weekend.

My go to drinking buddy in such an event is doing a half marathon on Sunday so he won’t be up for a beer.

Other than going for a run tomorrow, I haven’t got anything on the agenda.

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

So a weekend which is unlikely to be ruined by Villa, anyone have any plans?

I was meant to be looking after the little one Saturday night, but her mum has changed it to tonight. Means I’m now at a loss as to what to do for the rest of the weekend.

My go to drinking buddy in such an event is doing a half marathon on Sunday so he won’t be up for a beer.

Other than going for a run tomorrow, I haven’t got anything on the agenda.

Pretty quiet for me tonight. Listening to Pink Floyd at the minute and will probably watch a film later

Lie in tomorrow and maybe a non league game local to me. Plus a bit more reading up about investments.

Sunday is a day of chores (shopping / cleaning) before the impending doom of Monday kicks in. Least its a short week next week. Hoping I can organise a Easter weekend drinks meetup with the lads

Had a work night out on Friday. Well, not an official organised work thing, but a night out with people I know from work.

Anyway, turned out to be a massive night. Rolled in at 7am.

Nothing wrong with that. But... early on in the night, about 9:30, my boss text me and asked if we were out in Brum and he'd come meet us. I said yeah. He didn't turn up for about 2 hours, by which point I was hammered, and barely remember him being there.
I sobered up a bit later but he'd gone by then and I can't really remember anything I said to him.

Get in to work this morning and he's put a 1 to 1 meeting in with me, which is unusual for him.

I'm a bit nervous!

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Had a work night out on Friday. Well, not an official organised work thing, but a night out with people I know from work.

Nothing wrong with that. But... early on in the night, about 9:30, my boss text me and asked if we were out in Brum and he'd come meet us. I said yeah. He didn't turn up for about 2 hours, by which point I was hammered, and barely remember him being there.
I sobered up a bit later but he'd gone by then and I can't really remember anything I said to him.

Get in to work this morning and he's put a 1 to 1 meeting in with me, which is unusual for him.

I'm a bit nervous!

BUymt9NCEAALj4z.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm a bit nervous!

19 hours ago, Xela said:

How did the 1-to-1 go @Stevo985?!

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He moved it to tomorrow...

ill keep you updated. 

It started with

"I wanted to continue a conversation we started on Friday..."

So I was worried.

But then it turned out to be a really good discussion about my future and where he sees me going (up!)
So was really good. Turns out we had a bit of a heart to heart on Friday. I don't remember any of that discussion :D 

• Like 3

Been to Leamington today... some nice bars there for a few drinks and grub. Then on to Leamington FC to watch them play... shame their ground is miles out of town in the middle of nowhere.

Good day though!

On 27/03/2018 at 13:39, Stevo985 said:

It started with

"I wanted to continue a conversation we started on Friday..."

So I was worried.

But then it turned out to be a really good discussion about my future and where he sees me going (up!)
So was really good. Turns out we had a bit of a heart to heart on Friday. I don't remember any of that discussion :D 

Your new place sounds a lot better than JLR. There is pretty much no incentive to be moved up at JLR.

Â