The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

tonight - beer + curry, I've actually ordered two main meals, I've gone for a pilau rice, egg naan,chicken pakora,  mixed meat madras and a chicken tikka rezala madras hot, I'll have one of the meals tomorrow whilst watching the villa

tomorrow - I'm looking to get stuck into my book, I also need to make a horrible visit to my mates mom, she had to have her dog put down a few days ago so I'm going round to see how she's getting on, I'll probably be in tears myself, I **** loved that dog, after that it'll be beer + whichever curry manages to survive Friday night + villa...I can't help but think that the villa are going to spoil a perfectly evening

sunday - get stuck into my book...not much else than that...probably fall into a fit of depression at about 4pm about the thought of having to go back to work on Monday

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

tonight - beer + curry, I've actually ordered two main meals, I've gone for a pilau rice, egg naan,chicken pakora,  mixed meat madras and a chicken tikka rezala madras hot, I'll have one of the meals tomorrow whilst watching the villa

tomorrow - I'm looking to get stuck into my book, I also need to make a horrible visit to my mates mom, she had to have her dog put down a few days ago so I'm going round to see how she's getting on, I'll probably be in tears myself, I **** loved that dog, after that it'll be beer + whichever curry manages to survive Friday night + villa...I can't help but think that the villa are going to spoil a perfectly evening

sunday - get stuck into my book...not much else than that...probably fall into a fit of depression at about 4pm about the thought of having to go back to work on Monday

Why not just order one curry tonight,and one tomorrow? The mixed meat madras sounds lovely. 

14 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I can't help but think that the villa are going to spoil a perfectly evening

Don't let them! I don't care enough about football anymore to have it ruin my day. 

It's liberating. 

8 hours ago, Xela said:
22 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I can't help but think that the villa are going to spoil a perfectly evening

Don't let them! I don't care enough about football anymore to have it ruin my day. 

It's liberating. 

I don't know what I was worried about

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Broke up for the weekend at midday today and have Monday off! :D

Chilling out tonight looking at properties online 

Tomorrow - might take in a non league game locally with a mate. Maybe somewhere around Leicestershire or Warwickshire. Will see who are playing

Sunday - usual chores and food shop. Also a tactical afternoon nap as I will be watching the Superbowl later in the evening

Monday - lie in then a few errands to run - hair cut, visit bank to sort something out then generally chill. 

parkrun tomorrow morning, a family lunch in the afternoon to celebrate my grandparents 70th wedding anniversary and a fancy dress party on the night for my mates 30th. I'm going as Eric Wimp before eating a banana about an hour into the party and running off to get changed in to my Bananaman outfit.

Waking up about 10am Sunday morning to head straight up Villa Park. I hate early kick offs.

• Like 2

Night off from parenting tonight, Chinese takeaway. May watch the Cardiff game, undecided at the mo.

Go for a run on Saturday morning, 6 miles. Have my girl back from Saturday afternoon onwards. 

I could well be relying on you guys to keep me updated on Sunday as I may not get chance to watch the game depending on nap time (bloody early kick offs) :(

Just completed my first week as the Deputy Team Leader, which just happens to be when "the boss" has been out all week.  It's been interesting - I even hosted a team meeting :)  

This weekend I'm celebrating the fact that I have not destroyed everything, mostly by chilling out, enjoying some Winter Olympics (it's finally started - I love it!) and then getting all nervous on Sunday for the game.  

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

Easy weekend for me. Lazy Friday night, maybe a film. Lie in tomorrow then helping my Dad with a few jobs. Sunday is 'the game'. I'll be on edge throughout it!

Â