The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Still a gargantuan effort.  Wrongbow's lethal!

Both big cider drinkers. I can't drink the stuff anymore apart from dark fruits. Steady drinking all day and night, you'd be surprised what you can put away. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Both big cider drinkers. I can't drink the stuff anymore apart from dark fruits. Steady drinking all day and night, you'd be surprised what you can put away. 

When I was doing the maths on your post yesterday I was wondering if I've ever drunk 10 pints in a session.

I'm sure I must have, because I've been on some pretty good ones.  A few years ago we went to Ibiza and didn't go to bed for 4 days.  I've probably just not been able to keep count.

These days it sounds like an amount of booze that would either last me a month or kill me.

• Like 1

I think I've hit double figures in pints only a handful of times in my life and from memory, its been guinness.

Nowadays 5 pints is my limit. After that I just want to eat then sleep!

I find you're usually sound if you don't go into double figures. I had 16 cans(8 pints)of dark fruits yesterday, plus a couple of brandys. Drinking from 12 in the afternoon until 11 at night, and didn't feel that pissed. That's less than 1 drink an hour, plus eating which helps. Woke up at 6.30 this morning and didn't feel like I'd had a drink at all. Steady drinking is great. Much better than getting plastered. Had a great day yesterday to be fair. Just finished mowing the lawns so that's me done for the bank hol weekend. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

Some days I can manage a heavy drinking session, other days I get to about 5 pints and I’m struggling to stay awake.

The most recent 10+ pints was a month ago, stretched out over about half a day. Those sort of sessions are few and far between these days.

42 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Drinking is shite (when you're not very good at it) 

Haven't touched a drop since Xmas day. 

I'm struggling more and more on it. I can't drink like I used to and I always feel like garbage the next day now. Even if I've only had 4 or 5. 

17 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Both big cider drinkers. I can't drink the stuff anymore apart from dark fruits. 

Not Strongbow, but at the Villa a couple of weeks ago I couldn't stand anymore bottles of heineken so I tried the Bulmers fruity stuff they have at Villa Park.

That stuff is dangerous. Tasted like **** Vimto or something. Went down like pop.

• 3 weeks later...

Echo and the Bunnymen tonight at the Philharmonic Hall, though if the truth be known I'd probably prefer to be in their small venue at the back for  The Story of Reggae in Britain given by Dennis Bovell but I'd already agreed to meet a mate for beers and a freebie for the Bunnymen, c'est la vie!

Saturday is weekly food shopping & hangover gardening and general chilling before evening drinking and chilling. (and completely avoiding the CL Final)

Sunday, probably more hangover gardening and possibly some work in the evening.if Liverpool lose the CL final, if they win, sod that

Monday probably should do some work in the car, it'll be busy with the Tall Ships Festival

It has been a fruitful week (literally) - I've just noticed that for the first time my dwarf cherry and plum trees are showing little gems of fruit.  I'm not a keen gardener (I only have a small terrace to grow stuff on) but that's ace. 

Tomorrow will be mostly spent doing the weekly food shop (in at 7am to avoid the Bank Holiday madness), generally chilling and then getting almighty nervous for the game.  Depending on how it goes, I'll most likely be drowning my sorrows or celebrating with a few beers on the evening*.

As for Sunday, I need to start thinking about what I'm going to do with my 3 weeks off from work.  I've got the first 3 weeks of June off - I plan to meet up with friends at Hickory's Smokehouse ** next weekend (followed by beers in town) and then hopefully heading up the Northumberland coast in a camper the following week. 

Monday: haven't got a clue.

*This may well turn into whiskey

** I've never been but my friends can't rate it highly enough.  Anyone any experience? 

Â