Pokémon GO

hogso

Ingress players have said that Niantic aren't very good at relations with their players, and don't act quickly at all on feedback and fixes. Their number one priority remains the servers, it seems. So it might be a while until we see a fix, but I would be astonished if they just leave it as it is.

I wonder how this is going to work with the next generation of pokemon, assuming they're doing that.

Same app with another 150 pokemon released with most players already at a high level or a whole new app, Pokemon Go 2?

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

They've succeeded with me, twice.

Yes, think the game is doing the standard rip off in app purchases thing, where they suck you in on the first few levels but then try to rip you off once they do, which is a shame and why I'm on the verge of giving it up.

At a decent level, the Pokemon are too hard to catch and Pokestops only give a couple of balls of whatever type on average.  Plus the XP requirements are now pretty savage if you haven't got a Lucky Egg on the go.  

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I think it was @Stevo985 who was talking about running out of balls when I had about 200.

I laughed at the time, but it's becoming a daily struggle now. I haven't had any more than 15 for about 5 days. Pokestops seem to give me anything but balls now.

Yep, it's a pain.

I solved it by taking a couple of walks around Cannon HIll where there are a crap load of Pokestops

• Like 1

I'm struggling to find new Pokemon.

All week I've only found two, and that was yesterday.

Even in Cambridge on Tuesday I had a big walk around there and found nothing new. Just the same old Weedles and Pidgeys everywhere.

Hatched a sandshrew and a pidgey from 5km eggs, not too bad.

Caught another squirtle to take me to 2, another couple of krabby's, loads of pidgeys, loads of rattatas, a good fearow (500+ cp, my strongest), couple of other odds and sods.  but got >50 pokeballs and >40 great balls now, so my backpack is looking much more healthy :)

Must have 30 pidgeys and 20 rattatas now.  Maybe 10 or so weedles too.

44 minutes ago, Risso said:

Yes, think the game is doing the standard rip off in app purchases thing, where they suck you in on the first few levels but then try to rip you off once they do, which is a shame and why I'm on the verge of giving it up.

At a decent level, the Pokemon are too hard to catch and Pokestops only give a couple of balls of whatever type on average.  Plus the XP requirements are now pretty savage if you haven't got a Lucky Egg on the go.  

Alot of people are saying this, I think the craze will die down significantly in the next 4 weeks

Interestingly the Go Plus accessory has also been delayed "until September", wonder if there will be as much excitement about it then or if the buzz dies out.

Though, got a Grimer this lunchtime without it asploding my android phone - which was a minor plus.

Edit, though now opening my list of pokemon is a whole world of hurt because of that grimer - which is a major minus.

Edited by CardiffGreens
  • Like 1

I live a few blocks from a cemetery. There are like 6 pokestops and 2 gyms within it. Each gym is around level 7. Must be weird to go and visit the grave of a loved one, and a few feet from you, there's a bunch of kids trying to catch a ghastly and battling over gyms. 

• Like 1

Well, that explains your username at least ;)

I need to start exploring more of Nottingham. There's nothing around where I live save for the park and even that's not that great. As for where I work, it's just Pidgeys, Rattattas and Spearows.

• Like 2

Don't know if anyone here used it (I did before going for a walk locally to see if anything interesting was spawning), but if appears that pokevision is done. 

So Niantic make Pokevision cease operations, AND take away the footprint system altogether. I know it didn't work anyways, but how does that make any sense? There's now no way of tracking making the game basically unplayable.  

Surely there was no harm in letting Pokevision remain online until they fix the tracking system. I don't see the logic because it's gonna end in people not playing anymore. 

Edited by abdomlahor

PokeVision ceased operations voluntarily. All Niantic have said is they didn't like the site and thought it was cheating. The owner of PokeVision has stated on Twitter that he respected their views and that is why the service is down right now.

Â