Pokémon GO

hogso

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

2 and a half marathons!

The joys of staying in a hotel alone 3 nights a week. I'm back to the Dublin office next week so I'm hoping I'll be able to break 100 by Friday week. 

There's a bit of info come out from some data mining done by Pokemon Fortress

•         - The Trainer Level Cap is 40.
  •         - Egg's cap at Level 20, so if you get an Egg at Level 37 it'll still hatch at the same quality as if you were level 20.
  •         - Wild Pokemon cap at Level 30, meaning after Level 30 everyone will find the same max CP Pokemon and it'll be a matter of spending the candy and stardust to upgrade them to your level's cap based on their CP arc.
  •          - Curveballs and Accurate Throws (Nice, Great, Etc) have been confirmed as helping with the capture chance of a Pokeball throw.
  •         - There may be future Incubators that reduce the amount of kilometers needed before they hatch. (There is an incubator called "distance" in the code)
  •         - Moves have an Accuracy and a Critical Hit Rate.
  •         - Each unique Pokemon has it's own Capture and Flee rate.
  •         - Move Damage may go up with Trainer Level.
  •         - Pokemon do become harder to catch as you level up.
  •         - Mewtwo, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno are Legendary.
  •         - Mew is Mythic.
  •         - Farfetch'd is out there... somewhere. As is Ditto.
  •         - The Charge Meter is filled 0.5 for each 1 HP of damage dealt. This means a super effective move that does more damage will charge the special attack faster - that is actually really important to know.
  •         - To level from 39 to 40 takes FIVE MILLION EXPERIENCE, and going from 1 to 40 takes Twenty Million. On my best day I can get about one hundred thousand exp, maybe 125k. So that's like 3-4 months to go from 39 to 40. Won't be seeing that any time soon! lol
  •         - Pokemon have a base Attack, Defense and Stamina (HP) - thus they do not have a Attack and Special Attack stat like in the 3DS games.
  •         - Dragonite has the strongest base attack for non-legends, at 250.
  •         - MewTwo has a base attack of 284.
  •         - Moltres has the highest base attack of the three legendary birds.
  •         - Articuno has the highest base defense of the three.
  •         - Zapdos is almost as high as Moltres in base attack but is likely lower due to Type Advantage.
  •         - Pokemon have an evolution modifier AND a HP modifier when they evolve both CP and HP go up a set multiplier.
  •         - Defending Pokemon at a Gym attack every 1.5 seconds.
  •         - The Master Ball is in the game, no clue where it is found.
  •         - The Legendary Pokemon do have a spawn rate - BUT - they have no capture rate, could this mean they require a Master Ball?
  •         - STAB is present in the game, giving a 25% Bonus to an attack move. STAB stands for "Same Type Attack Bonus" and means if a Grass Pokemon uses a Grass move it will hit harder than if a Ground Pokemon used the same Grass move. This is a big deal confirmation.

Dittoooooooooooooo

tumblr_inline_mnxj3zPDdB1qz4rgp.png

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

I just defeated a gym and before I could assign a pokemon to it, the same person assigned a different pokemon. I thought "I'm not having this" so I did it again, only for it to happen again!

I'm guessing someone was watching me from somewhere, giggling. <_<

• Like 1

On 25/07/2016 at 09:35, hogso said:

Myth.

Definitely not a myth. Got one on an egg, it crashed. Tried looking at it in my pokemon list, it crashed. Tried looking at it in the pokedex, it crashed. 

• Like 2

It's been ages since I came in the off topic sections...... A Pokemon Go thread!! :wub:

I'm level 19, but I am saving up a load of evolve-able Pokemon for when I get my next lucky egg at level 20.

Today, me and my girlfriend both had a Dragonite appear. I only had 3 pokeballs and she had 1, he escaped both of us :(

After about 40 minutes of hanging around to see if he reappeared, we gave up. It's been a sad, sad day.

I am getting abit fed up of this game tbh, i walk around every direction trying to find the rare ones that are on my radar and they never appear up anymore. its been almost a week, all i get is rattas, pidgeys and bloody zubats! i caught enough zubats to evolve him to a golbat. also my 5km egg cracked and got a ponyta :) that softens the blow slightly

Yeah, they definitely need to do something about the spawn rates. I understand that certain areas will have better Pokemon, that's the whole point, but until they fix the 3 step glitch it's a little unfair really. I'm ignoring all of the 'fodder' now. Waste of balls. Especially when a 131 Weedle keeps breaking out of them, and this 'curve' ball that keeps flicking in the opposite direction all of a sudden.

Yup, 2 days ago was the final straw with Zubats for me.

Anything else is fair game though.

I have 6 trillion pidgeys, 48 thousand rattatas, and 2 lucky eggs.

I'm looking forward to using them.

Level 12 now, so I've unlocked the Great Big Balls

• Like 1

That's the thing, they're not even useful for evolving and leveling up, they're just fluttery, annoying faced pricks.

I didn't think I could hate them anymore than I did in the normal games when trying to walk through a cave.

• Like 1

Level 15 at the moment and have been for a few days. Stuck as the 4G signal where I live has been atrocious the past few days. Can't be bothered with the constant lag.

On a more positive note, I did manage to get Mr Mime a few days ago.

Edited by briggaman

I think it was @Stevo985 who was talking about running out of balls when I had about 200.

I laughed at the time, but it's becoming a daily struggle now. I haven't had any more than 15 for about 5 days. Pokestops seem to give me anything but balls now.

If the company get enough feedback, they'll change the game and be more generous with pokeballs.

They need to people to keep playing more than they need people to spend real money on pokeballs.

Maybe in the next update, we'll see more available.

Or, you could not keep catching rats, pidgey and zubats :lol:

12 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I think it was @Stevo985 who was talking about running out of balls when I had about 200.

I laughed at the time, but it's becoming a daily struggle now. I haven't had any more than 15 for about 5 days. Pokestops seem to give me anything but balls now.

This is where the game tries to get you to spend dollar. 

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

That's the thing, they're not even useful for evolving and leveling up, they're just fluttery, annoying faced pricks.

I didn't think I could hate them anymore than I did in the normal games when trying to walk through a cave.

Hate the b********. They always just want to float away right at the wrong time! And seriously in the game, it was the only time I used Repel in the game, so annoying!

Â