Pokémon GO

hogso

New update is available on Android, and it;

• Fixes nice/great/excellent throw XP
  • Appears as though above certain speeds the app asks you if you're driving :crylaugh:although haven't tested that
  • Ability to change your nickname one time
  • Battery Saver mode fixed and re-enabled on iOS
  • "Other Fixes"

I haven't delved too far this morning, but the most obvious change is that the 'Nearby' screen has changed. It is now called 'Sightings' and shows the pokemon in a smaller graphic with some grass next to them. This may possibly change when you're near water and there's a water pokemon nearby, which would be kind of useful...but again, haven't been able to test it, so don't know if it is actually type or environment specific.

No idea if it's broken anything else like the last update, though.

7 minutes ago, hogso said:
  • Appears as though above certain speeds the app asks you if you're driving

This may possibly change when you're near water and there's a water pokemon nearby,

Yeah, it displays a "you're going too fast" warning with a "I'm a passenger" button you can press to remove the warning.

I'm currently next to some water, with a few nearby sightings of water based mon.  All with a grass icon.  I'll have a wander at lunchtime to a place where there is almost certainly going to be a lure in use and see if it's started showing mon spawned by lures in the sightings window.

And grimer is still bugged as hell.

Now that is disappointing. It was obviously too much to expect for a proper tracker to be back, but at least an element next to 'sighted' Pokemon may indicate where you need to head...grass, water, earth would be feasible, maybe dark type too?

As for Grimer, my bugged one was fixed with the last update, and it still fine now.

Must just be you

088Grimerold.png

Sad face, the old one broke my game and had an egg hatch this morning.  Or rather the egg screen appeared and the game froze.  It was indeed another Grimer sat there waiting for me when I managed to get it back up and running.

On 8 August 2016 at 09:20, Demitri_C said:

You can tell by the limited posts people are egtting bored with this now. The makers killed this game. RIP pokemon go

Used to moaning on this site but I don't think I've ever seen such a consistent effort as you in this thread, top marks!

Edited by chappy
  • Like 2

That's our Poke Master you're talking about!

Seems there is a little more to the 'Sighted' system than meets the eye. It alledgedly updates every 10 seconds, and on that basis, you can change direction if a 'Sighted' Pokemon drops off the list, and by process of elimination - in theory - locate a desired Pokemon.

The upcoming stuff in regards to Pokemon near Pokestops seems more useful.

1 hour ago, chappy said:

Used to moaning on this site but I don't think I've ever seen such a consistent effort as you in this thread, top marks!

Ok so i will say the games great even though its become shit? Already highlighted reasons why its shit now. Use to be fun until they decided to take the fun out of it 

89 seen 89 caught now. Still not found a Charmander, or another Pikachu since choosing it as my starter.

Priory Park in Dudley is a haven for water Pokemon even though there's no water >_> Goldeen, Magikarp, Dratini on a night, Poliwag, Shellder etc... loads of them. If you get in the right spot you are in range of 4 different Pokestations, and they've ALWAYS got lure modules on. Level 20.5 now after a lucky egg and incense session.

There was a Pikachu when I was at Drayton Manor the other day, chaos ensued, I had one go at it, Razzberry + Great Ball, it escaped and ran straight away. Little word removed.

couple of questions:

1) If i catch a specific pokemon that always spawns in a particular place, how long do i have to wait until it spawns again?

2) With the nearby/sightings tab, is the top left the closest and bottom right the furthest?  As i walk they change position, so i could track them like this if top left is closest. 

17 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Is there any significance to the grass symbol behind the pokemon in the nearby thingo?

Apparently not, it's purely cosmetic.

Was in 2 minds this eve after finishing work watch Villa or go on a big hunt 6.5km away where I heard a few people had caught Blastoise. Went hunting. No Blastoise but caught the following, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Vulpix, Rhyhorn, Belsprout, Voltorb and Diglet. I was only catching ones i need to evolve. Voltorb got me to 112 by the way. I also had 3 10k eggs waiting to hatch. Very disappointing, Eevee, Kaputo & Scyther. 

Good night though all in.

2 hours ago, Folski said:

Was in 2 minds this eve after finishing work watch Villa or go on a big hunt 6.5km away where I heard a few people had caught Blastoise. Went hunting. No Blastoise but caught the following, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Vulpix, Rhyhorn, Belsprout, Voltorb and Diglet. I was only catching ones i need to evolve. Voltorb got me to 112 by the way. I also had 3 10k eggs waiting to hatch. Very disappointing, Eevee, Kaputo & Scyther. 

Good night though all in.

An Eevee in a 10k egg should come with like 25 candies.

On 09/08/2016 at 09:38, hogso said:
  • Appears as though above certain speeds the app asks you if you're driving :crylaugh:although haven't tested that

Wonder how Usain Bolt would react...

Â