Keith Wyness

villan-scott

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Well my post was specifically written as a question. And i specified I didn't know any details. So I'm not even speculating, I'm asking questions.

I don’t know anything about this but rumors, but Is the queen still snorting cocaine and frolicking with the devil?

Hey,  not speculating and specified I didn’t know anything. So my post can’t possibly stir up anything negative or unhelpful.   

7 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Bree at £23k a week can't possibly be genuine, can it??? He would have been on peanuts at Barnsley.

When we bought him i remember he was a hot prospect at the time and man city were linked.

Maybe that's why were paying him a fortune.

16 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Bree at £23k a week can't possibly be genuine, can it??? He would have been on peanuts at Barnsley.

I heard that Hourihane went from  8 grand (probably the highest earner since he was the best player and captain) to 30 grand a week at Villa. Jesus wept we are ruined.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tony said:

Sounds like you are sympathising with Wyness there. Why, I don’t know. Both are incredibly incompotant, whilst you only have to look at Wyness time at Everton and now the situation with ourselves to realise his **** will deffinetly not smell like roses. 

I didn’t read this as sympathising with Wyness, just cautioning against taking what Collymore is saying at face value. It seems pretty clear Collymore is being used as a stooge to spread the TX view of the episode and as such his words should be treated as propaganda. That doesn’t mean everything he says is wrong, just that it’s one-sided and selective (rather like the version Wyness is feeding to his chums in the press).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Haven't been to the mirror original article but no doubt probably. It's the complete innards of the club's wage structure laid bare, can only be Wyness who clearly likes to do his talking via press proxies. 

Unlike Xia who is putting out clear, detailed and informative statements  direct to the fans every day.

I just don’t understand why we offered players like Hourihane, Bree etc such ludicrous wages when 15k p/w would of been enough, absolutely insane wages they are on ... and Jedinak 50k p/w.... WTF is going on behind the scenes? It’s like someone purposely trying to destroy us from within! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fifamad said:

I just don’t understand why we offered players like Hourihane, Bree etc such ludicrous wages when 15k p/w would of been enough, absolutely insane wages they are on ... and Jedinak 50k p/w.... WTF is going on behind the scenes? It’s like someone purposely trying to destroy us from within! 

Hourihane and Lansbury were in last 6 months of contracts so higher wages make sense for them

Those figures are nuts. Absolute madness if correct.

What is really eating at me though, is this supposedly long term goal, the 'Villa Engine'.

What was it meant to be? Who was overseeing its implementation and when did it start, if at all?

There just seems to be no end to things that are tearing the club limb from limb.

From the little I can gather, a bitter and toxic dispute between owner and CEO is ensuing over god knows what, and we're left without a plan, again.

I don't like what I'm reading about Wyness at all but will take it with a pinch of salt until things are more concrete.

9 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I don’t know anything about this but rumors, but Is the queen still snorting cocaine and frolicking with the devil?

Hey,  not speculating and specified I didn’t know anything. So my post can’t possibly stir up anything negative or unhelpful.   

Could you let limpid know that nobody is allowed to ask any questions on VT anymore then?

Oops, that was also a question. This is hard.

People should know this.

In fact this entire forum should probably be shut down if we're not allowed to talk about things that we aren't 100% sure have happened.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Another list of wages was posted around 3 days ago which had Bree on £1.2k. So as ever, lets take these things with a pinch of salt. I feel mad saying it, but surely even Villa can't be crazy enough to pay a youngster like Bree £23k p/w...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Another list of wages was posted around 3 days ago which had Bree on £1.2k. So as ever, lets take these things with a pinch of salt. I feel mad saying it, but surely even Villa can't be crazy enough to pay a youngster like Bree £23k p/w...

Oh I can well believe it - there is no way Bree would be on £1200 a week . 

‘We gambled on getting up and put no clauses in that should we not go up the wages could be cut , we are truly **** with people here picking up millions in wages and not kicking a ball . 

‘Incompetence throughout the club from owner , ceo and manager .

Hopefully when they all go they will take steve round with them  too.

Well it was reported during the season that we had the highest wage bill in the league, a rumoured £52m a year or £1m a week, so people shouldn't be surprised that are players are all on high wages. 

Until we know some facts or hear some more information, can we stop being outraged over what someone may or may not earn?

It's a waste of your energy.

Or if you do want to guess what someone earns, can you at least not make it overly dramatic if you don't agree with it? It's so boring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Until we know some facts or hear some more information, can we stop being outraged over what someone may or may not earn?

To be fair those reported figures are most likely accurate given that when those players were signed, Jedinak/Lansbury the same figures were reported about their wages. I agree it's nothing to be outraged about though, we knew we were paying big wages all along. The reason to be outraged is the short term thinking at the club. You wouldn't run a corner shop like that.  

Lansbury on £40k I can believe. He was at the end of his contract, he bought him for peanuts and it was rumoured at the time that we offered him Premier League wages.

Jedinak on £50k I can believe. We paid him to drop down a league and, again, it was widely reported that we'd offered him a Premier League wage.

Bree on £23k, I just don't believe. When we are reportedly paying Chester and Hourihane, two of our best players at 'prime footballer age' £30k p/w, I just can't believe that we offered a young fullback just £7k less than them. I also don't believe that he's on £1.2k. We're not that savvy. I think it's likely that he's on something in-between. Probably £10k-£15k p/w.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Lansbury on £40k I can believe. He was at the end of his contract, he bought him for peanuts and it was rumoured at the time that we offered him Premier League wages.

Jedinak on £50k I can believe. We paid him to drop down a league and, again, it was widely reported that we'd offered him a Premier League wage.

Bree on £23k, I just don't believe. When we are reportedly paying Chester and Hourihane, two of our best players at 'prime footballer age' £30k p/w, I just can't believe that we offered a young fullback just £7k less than them. I also don't believe that he's on £1.2k. We're not that savvy. I think it's likely that he's on something in-between. Probably £10k-£15k p/w.

At the time Bree was reportedly being scouted by Everton amongst others and it was seen as a coup to get him - I can well believe we offered him £23k in light of some of the other crazy wages we pay .

Â