Keith Wyness

villan-scott

Just now, omariqy said:

No way Bree is on anymore than £10k per week. 

Well I have to ask, whoever has published those figures, seems to believe the source, so I wouldn't put it past any malignant trouble maker to up the figures for maximum effect.

So has the club gone "Silenzio Stampa" now?

Hardly a peep from Xia, Wyness, Bruce or the players.

Surely they can't all be locked up in Julie B's WiFi -less hotel room.

Well everybody and their mom could see this transfer strategy wasn't sustainable.

Signing elderly(ish) players on high salaries with little or no sell on value from the PL and Championship instead of scouting abroad will leave you in a financial hole.

Nothing hindsight about it. It was and is a terrible idea.

Having a massive squad and paying PL wages while earning a lot less than we did in the PL is never going to work.

Had we got promoted we could have plugged the holes, but we'd still been skint. 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

FYI the James Bree is on £1,200 / week data comes from Football Manager 2017 courtesy of some staggering investigative journalism by the Daily Star.  I'm not even going to quote or link it here, they don't deserve the hits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Could you let limpid know that nobody is allowed to ask any questions on VT anymore then?

Oops, that was also a question. This is hard.

People should know this.

In fact this entire forum should probably be shut down if we're not allowed to talk about things that we aren't 100% sure have happened.

Oh, I didn’t mean to say you couldn’t ask, I just thought it was funny that you claimed it wasn’t negative.  That’s what my silliness about the queen was supposed to poke fun at. In your defense, your not the only one being negative with conjecture right now.  

we bought bree from barnsley when he was 18 and lets be generous and say he was on £2k a week (i doubt he was even on that)

so we then increased his wages by 10 times

pbLqP6H.jpg

some sort of deal where he could earn £20k a week based on appearances and us being in the PL maybe but for where he is in his career right now, not having it

As I posted elsewhere. Average wage of a championship player is about 10k. We are paying double to 5 times that on every player!

42 minutes ago, Straggler said:

FYI the James Bree is on £1,200 / week data comes from Football Manager 2017 courtesy of some staggering investigative journalism by the Daily Star.  I'm not even going to quote or link it here, they don't deserve the hits.

Outdated idiots. Never trust the tabloids - FM18 says he is on £3.5k per week. Source: 

9F8D34EC-7CA1-4067-B9A6-40439FCE1D64.png.f55f65642a7434615375b8395d77e1dd.png

For the record it does have Lansbury at £40k, McCormack £38.5k and Jedinak at £45k so there may be some truth. The Bree one is just a farce though. 

Sadly it seems little facts are actually out and there is an absolute ton of speculation and rumour... It’s clear something is up but whether it’s Wyness or Xia or both it’s hard to say without something more substantial coming out... 

However it is, not a great start for the summer to say we can continue to challenge at the top.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Outdated idiots. Never trust the tabloids - FM18 says he is on £3.5k per week. Source: 

9F8D34EC-7CA1-4067-B9A6-40439FCE1D64.png.f55f65642a7434615375b8395d77e1dd.png

For the record it does have Lansbury at £40k, McCormack £38.5k and Jedinak at £45k so there may be some truth. The Bree one is just a farce though. 

Sadly it seems little facts are actually out and there is an absolute ton of speculation and rumour... It’s clear something is up but whether it’s Wyness or Xia or both it’s hard to say without something more substantial coming out... 

However it is, not a great start for the summer to say we can continue to challenge at the top.

You trust  a computer game ahead of journalists? And in what reality is Bree worth £6.25 million?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

You trust  a computer game ahead of journalists? And in what reality is Bree worth £6.25 million?

Only the rags - newspapers rely on titbits just as much as the computer game.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

You've never played FM mate. 6.25m just gets you in the discussion, you will have to part with 8 figures if you want James.

Don't worry though, the AI will pay you back when they offer you 3m for your 5 star wonderkid "labelled the new Shearer"

Agent fees? Goodness knows what the club payed them to get the players in the first place?

Don’t know about everyone else but it was bad enough failing to get promoted and now having to deal with this. Very sad indeed.

Transfer policy has been cancerous for far too long. Why cant we employ professionals for important roles within the club. So many bad decisions. Yes, hindsight is a brilliant thing but youd think wed get lucky and stumble upon some good appointments somewhere in the past 10 years where competence is actually practiced. 

• Like 1

Â