Keith Wyness

villan-scott

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I am just going off what Wyness and Round have said publicly.

Things are poor on the pitch at the moment and we are all on a bit of a downer but I just can't be having this getting the pitch folks and going after everyone at the club and saying they are shit and should be sacked. You put 5 more points on to our points total and I doubt this thread would even be on the first page.

For now I am choosing to take those at the club above the manager at face value. They have been here for a relatively short time, inherited a total shambles and for now I am happy to give them a little slack in turning things around.

Yeah that's fair. If I look back at most of the key decisions, they've seemed sound, or at least backed by some reason, at the time. 

Over a longer period they can be judged over whether or not they got the big decisions right, but for now I agree it's a little too soon to blame here - aside from the football, theirs is a huge job turning around an entire company. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am just going off what Wyness and Round have said publicly.

Things are poor on the pitch at the moment and we are all on a bit of a downer but I just can't be having this getting the pitch folks and going after everyone at the club and saying they are shit and should be sacked. You put 5 more points on to our points total and I doubt this thread would even be on the first page.

For now I am choosing to take those at the club above the manager at face value. They have been here for a relatively short time, inherited a total shambles and for now I am happy to give them a little slack whilst they try to turn things around.

They were also given a carte blanche and for the Championship almost unlimited funds.

And here we are in 18th place with no money and, a failing manager and another squad rebuild coming up next summer.

They might be doing a great job in the non football department for all I know, but as football issues goes it's been a disaster.

15 minutes ago, sne said:

And here we are in 18th place with no money and, a failing manager and another squad rebuild coming up next summer.

They might be doing a great job in the non football department for all I know, but as football issues goes it's been a disaster.

That is a snap shot of where we are now yes. You take that snap shot in 7 games time and it may well be very different.  As I said 5 more points and this thread isn't even on the first page.

FFP was always going to be tough to stay with in but it seems, from what the club have said, we have done that. I am perhaps not as doom and gloom as some. The club have balanced the books and put a good squad together, they are making positive changes off the pitch it seems. They have ambitious plans.Where we are failing is that the manager isn't getting the best out of the players. He either starts getting results now though or he will be relieved of his duties and someone else will be given a go. I am still relatively confident this season can be salvaged but that discussion is perhaps for another thread.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

That is a snap shot of where we are now yes. You take that snap shot in 7 games time and it may well be very different.  As I said 5 more points and this thread isn't even on the first page.

FFP was always going to be tough to stay with in but it seems, from what the club have said, we have done that. I am perhaps not as doom and gloom as some. The club have balanced the books and put a good squad together, they are making positive changes off the pitch it seems. They have ambitious plans.Where we are failing is that the manager isn't getting the best out of the players. He either starts getting results now though or he will be relieved of his duties and someone else will be given a go. I am still relatively confident this season can be salvaged but that discussion is perhaps for another thread.

I actually found your last two posts quite optimistically refreshing, thank you. 

After what we've been through over the years and what has happened at other Clubs I'm far happier people being very very sceptical than relaxed about our owner and the Club management.

If they are doing XYZ behind the scenes then that will all come out in the wash over the next year or two, and no harm will have been done by people expressing doubts, however severe.

Its fair to say that there's precious little actual evidence of anything going well !! 

But I think it's a step too far to be talking about sacking Wyness / Round etc as we really don't have enough ( if any) evidence of their actual performance , in all aspects of their roles, good or bad.

Scrutinise, criticise, be sceptical, but I dont see a case for more than that at present.

Edited by terrytini

11 hours ago, terrytini said:

After what we've been through over the years and what has happened at other Clubs I'm far happier people being very very sceptical than relaxed about our owner and the Club management.

If they are doing XYZ behind the scenes then that will all come out in the wash over the next year or two, and no harm will have been done by people expressing doubts, however severe.

Its fair to say that there's precious little actual evidence of anything going well !! 

But I think it's a step too far to be talking about sacking Wyness / Round etc as we really don't have enough ( if any) evidence of their actual performance , in all aspects of their roles, good or bad.

Scrutinise, criticise, be sceptical, but I dont see a case for more than that at present.

Im very sceptical of Round. Wyness to me is much better than those pair of tossers Tom Fox and Paul Faulkner.

Perhaps a glimmer light is the u23's seem to be doing well - and some of youngsters that played v wigan llooked very promising.

My concern with Wyness and another reason I would want to much vaunted Dein. Is that he was out of the game for quite a while from 2009-2016 to be precise and the game changes year on year.

Historically it has been to give the manager time etc but the modern game dictates that time now doesn't exist it's instant or not at all. 11 months is too long to wait to see an impact & improvement. 

I worry he hasn't changed enough with the times  and will set us back with his old school thinking and methodology. He needs to act now not based on the hope Bruce miraculously turns this train wreck around given more time. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

On 24/09/2017 at 17:50, Villaphan04 said:

yes, don't use widely viewable great public platforms to raise any issues, please keep them quietly private through some form we can more easily ignore, hush up and pretend was never said.

• 3 weeks later...

He's got to go as I wouldn't trust him to appoint a replacement. We are well on the way to being truly **** if this continues under him.

We have missed a big chance to rebuild with him overseeing us. Xia needs to wise up fast. 

Edited by thabucks

Â