Keith Wyness

villan-scott

27 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Oh dear - is this yet more street talk that an old git like me has missed out on? I know about the Book of Tobit in the Catholic bible - he was a man who suffered a series of misfortunes and then went blind but had his sight restored after praying to god.

But I’m guessing this is not what is being referenced here? Someone please help a dinosaur by explaining!

Apologies. Just a typo I’m afraid. Should read “go but” not “Tobit”.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, brommy said:

Many are too quick to take social media announcements too literally. I really don't think 'everyone' means literally everyone. If Kevin from admin is in Tenerife with his wife and kids he won't be ending his holiday early.

Maybe but was shit wording, unless Bruce was planning to take a holiday in between games

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Kevin’s Marketing - not admin. <_<

if you look at the quote - he says “all leave cancelled”. I’d imagine that the playing staff are required to turn up to training and can’t book random days holiday when they feel like it. Which leaves the office staff. So, where he says “all leave cancelled” - I think he probably means ALL leave cancelled (it’s like Brexit is Brexit). If Kevin is in Tenerife, then he is probably allowed to finish his trip, or he might have his laptop with him to allow him to work on the beach whilst sipping sangria. 

Maybe we should ask KW to confirm what he means. 

Do you not think it's more likely that the players and coaches were given the odd day off, here and there, to see their loved ones over the Christmas & New Year period? As opposed to Wyness calling in the office dogsbodies? ;)

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Hard questions and doing everything to get back on track?

We had a youtube comedian filming during training last week. Yeah it really sounds like it. 

Bruce said "Every week it's a disaster at Aston Villa" with his sarcastic condescending in denial tone as always.

But Tony himself called it a"Disaster month" on Twitter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bruce said "Every week it's a disaster at Aston Villa" with his sarcastic condescending in denial tone as always.

Talk is cheap - time for actions . 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I remember Sherwood saying things along the similar lines in his last few interviews.

Not the kind of statements you want to be hearing from a manager in such a crucial promotion season.

Do you think he now knows the clock is now finally ticking?

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Do you not think it's more likely that the players and coaches were given the odd day off, here and there, to see their loved ones over the Christmas & New Year period? As opposed to Wyness calling in the office dogsbodies? ;)

Nope. I reckon during this difficult period we find ourselves in, Keith is demanding a push on merchandise and as such needs Kevin to get off his beach towel and start creating some advertising boards. 

1 minute ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

Those Half Season tickets aren’t going to sell themselves you know

I imagine the phone lines are busy with people wanting to return their Christmas presents.

4 hours ago, Tayls said:

Kevin’s Marketing - not admin. <_<

if you look at the quote - he says “all leave cancelled”. I’d imagine that the playing staff are required to turn up to training and can’t book random days holiday when they feel like it. Which leaves the office staff. So, where he says “all leave cancelled” - I think he probably means ALL leave cancelled (it’s like Brexit is Brexit). If Kevin is in Tenerife, then he is probably allowed to finish his trip, or he might have his laptop with him to allow him to work on the beach whilst sipping sangria. 

Maybe we should ask KW to confirm what he means. 

Apparently, Kevin from admin is fed up of being overlooked just because he shares a first name with Kev from marketing. ^_^

Seriously though, in this instance, I do think 'all leave cancelled' is more a figure of speech. Any non playing staff could easily excuse themself from being able to unexpectedly return to work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I really dislike the references to his weight, or Bruce’s for that matter... I couldn’t care less if he was 200 stone, or a page 3 stunner, I want our football club to do well. Him being overweight has nothing to do with his ability to be CEO of the club.

If he’s useless then he’s useless, but being overweight is not why he’s useless. Same goes for Bruce.

Just a personal pet peeve, I’m not having a go at anyone.

I take issue with you complaining that people are having a go at his weight, but not that they are calling him bald.

People cant control hair loss but they can control their weight. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I take issue with you complaining that people are having a go at his weight, but not that they are calling him bald.

People cant control hair loss but they can control their weight. 

They can buy a wig :)

• Haha 2

Â