Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

This stability nonsense he keeps spouting is really working well for us isn't it ?! 

The time to act is NOW ! 

Takes a big man to admit his mistakes  - wyness doesn't strike me as the kind to do so . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

This stability nonsense he keeps spouting is really working well for us isn't it ?! 

The time to act is NOW ! 

'Stabilising' in the bottom half of the Championship should be any rational persons idea of 'stability'. Wyness is yet another in a long line of **** clowns who are working at all levels of this football club.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

 

In my view Wyness should go with Bruce.

I think the last 18 months have been an utter disaster in terms of appointments and the resulting transfer activity.

Away from the football side of things it is hard to see signs of any improvement in the running of the club despite the PR piece put out last week.

Some will say how can I judge, that we don't know enough about what he does to assess, well that is true but people that I know and more importantly trust do and based on their assessment I think change is needed.

Big changes are needed at Villa Park and in my view they don't stop with the manager.

This . 

Both should be gone , football has changed in recent years and these two have not moved with the times in my opinion , time for swift action by xia .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wyness said a few days ago that 70% of what he does as CEO of AVFC is not football related. He listed retail, restaurant and property deals as well as transfer trading.

KW has a "business" background and also includes CEO at Aberdeen  and Everton on his CV.

The problem with his "background" is that is exactly what it is, past experience. His knowledge of football goes no further than working along the corridor from Moyes and Bruce, who are both clearly rooted in old school "put your boots on and fight" football. 

Younger students of a faster fitter more mobile type of game are taking over as manager/coaches, and implementing changes in coaching and tactics that are leaving us totally flat footed in comparison.

Wyness does not have the footballing brain or background to identify and implement a total change of football philosophy at Villa. That needs to be done by someone far more qualified.

KW is a businessman who had the good fortune to be invited into a bid for Villa which was then presented to Dr T. Tony liked him and kept him on as CEO.

He is probably good at out sourcing catering and cleaning, and making sure the merchandise arrives on time. He's also good at finding time to talk to all his staff at VP apparently, but he should not be the man in charge of Villa's footballing future.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Wyness said a few days ago that 70% of what he does as CEO of AVFC is not football related. He listed retail, restaurant and property deals as well as transfer trading.

KW has a "business" background and also includes CEO at Aberdeen  and Everton on his CV.

The problem with his "background" is that is exactly what it is, past experience. His knowledge of football goes no further than working along the corridor from Moyes and Bruce, who are both clearly rooted in old school "put your boots on and fight" football. 

Younger students of a faster fitter more mobile type of game are taking over as manager/coaches, and implementing changes in coaching and tactics that are leaving us totally flat footed in comparison.

Wyness does not have the footballing brain or background to identify and implement a total change of football philosophy at Villa. That needs to be done by someone far more qualified.

KW is a businessman who had the good fortune to be invited into a bid for Villa which was then presented to Dr T. Tony liked him and kept him on as CEO.

He is probably good at out sourcing catering and cleaning, and making sure the merchandise arrives on time. He's also good at finding time to talk to all his staff at VP apparently, but he should not be the man in charge of Villa's footballing future.

I would even mind if we actually saw some of this. 

Wyness is fleecing the club. End of.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I would even mind if we actually saw some of this. 

Wyness is fleecing the club. End of.

Not the most popular on merseyside from this - there was even a wyness out website it seems . 

http://toffeeweb.com/season/08-09/comment/editorial/8216.html

It is the opinion of some fans that Keith Wyness has continually lied to Evertonians since he joined the club. From pawning our family silver to trying to wrench the club from it?s roots and move us to Kirkby.Several fans believe that this man must be stopped, and that he must be removed from our great football club.

Edited by Eastie
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He is.

Not really. Firstly it's not managers plural, it was Bruce (and possibly whoever's next, if or when the time comes). And he doesn't do it based on "his" opinion, but on the results of what the football people (Brian Little etc) and consultation shows up as the way to go, and taking into account the views of the owner, too. I think whatever his strengths and weaknesses to kind of scapegoat one man for the decisions is not quite aligned with reality, if anyone were to do that (not saying you are, Trent).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Not really. Firstly it's not managers plural, it was Bruce (and possibly whoever's next, if or when the time comes). And he doesn't do it based on "his" opinion, but on the results of what the football people (Brian Little etc) and consultation shows up as the way to go, and taking into account the views of the owner, too. I think whatever his strengths and weaknesses to kind of scapegoat one man for the decisions is not quite aligned with reality, if anyone were to do that (not saying you are, Trent).

Surely if Round has the responsibility for the football side then shouldn't he have more clout than wyness on managerial appointments ? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â