Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Well i remember watching a video of his in pre-season, complimenting Steve Bruce and then under the same breath mentioning something about communicating with younger managers being an issue. 

From that moment I knew that if we were to appoint another manager it would be no different to what we have now.

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter

Old men think like old men, young men think like young men. That's why Wyness can relate to Bruce and why the club is being run 10 years behind the likes of Wolves. 

The man at the club with all the power is however a young man. Perhaps his inexperience in football led him to opt for experience to help his learning curve. Let's hope his education is reaching a point where he can allow his young mind to do the thinking and move forward with tomorrow's men and not yesterday's. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Old men think like old men, young men think like young men. That's why Wyness can relate to Bruce and why the club is being run 10 years behind the likes of Wolves. 

The man at the club with all the power is however a young man. Perhaps his inexperience in football led him to opt for experience to help his learning curve. Let's hope his education is reaching a point where he can allow his young mind to do the thinking and move forward with tomorrow's men and not yesterday's. 

Yup, I've said this many times, he is no fool.

I'm sure he has been looking and learning, some of his tweets re other managers and aspects of the game suggest this too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup, I've said this many times, he is no fool.

I'm sure he has been looking and learning, some of his tweets re other managers and aspects of the game suggest this too.

I hope you’re right mate. Otherwise we’ll be stuck in the past for a long time yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

More and more disappointed with Wyness. And regards that tweet of keeping politics and politicians out of sport is disgusting. Sport has always been political, it gives some with no hope a chance and voice where they would not otherwise have one, football can offer lives some escapism from the daily grind, some hope and the feeling they are part of something.

So I guess Wyness doesn't sympathise with the USA players taking the knee and by tweeting that statement I think he is demeaning and dismissing disasters such as Hillsbrough. 

Sport is and should be to do with politics and professional footballers would be well to consider that and perhaps sometimes pull their head out of their pampered a holes and say something, stand up for the people on the terraces who pay their wages, like the American footballers have.

Wyness is basically saying keep politics out of sport so he and his corporate friends can rinse it for as much as they can get. 

Best thing Xia can do is learn fast and get this guy out of the club and get a modern replacement. 30 years out of date Keith.

Edited by honest_bertie
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Image result for a bit dramatic meme

Maybe so JV but I still think his tweet  is bollocks. Sport can be a real stage of impact for positive statements about important issues and for the CEO of a large football club to tweet that to me shows a lack of empathy and consideration

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a dinosaur and recommended a dinosaur for a manager. We need forward thinkers at this football club. Xia appears to have been hoodwinked by self-styled 'football men', a mistake Lerner also made. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

“Obviously black” are you JV ?!

It never crossed my mind I thought the “ Jamaican” bit was a rum loving reference.....

I have had a couple of guys think I was Argentinian because of ‘terrytini’ .....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, terrytini said:

“Obviously black” are you JV ?!

It never crossed my mind I thought the “ Jamaican” bit was a rum loving reference.....

I have had a couple of guys think I was Argentinian because of ‘terrytini’ .....

I just always imagine you've got a martini in your other hand whenever you're posting :D

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, terrytini said:

“Obviously black” are you JV ?!

It never crossed my mind I thought the “ Jamaican” bit was a rum loving reference.....

I have had a couple of guys think I was Argentinian because of ‘terrytini’ .....

My bad, I now do Double Villa shift of arguing with other Villa fans, both on here and Facebook, so sometimes get wires crossed and think you all can see me. :ph34r:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, terrytini said:

“Obviously black” are you JV ?!

It never crossed my mind I thought the “ Jamaican” bit was a rum loving reference.....

I have had a couple of guys think I was Argentinian because of ‘terrytini’ .....

I was mistaken for being Swiss by one poster on here.

It came from when I explained a German sentence refering to Juergen Klopp (can remember exactly) Grasshopper Zurich being a Swiss team.

So if anyone sees a Brummie wearing a feathercap & Yodelling „Brush Owt“ in the Holte End, That‘s me, GH!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is veering wildly into gossip territory but what's the story with Nicola Keye?!

Keith Wyness has liked a tweet in which Nicola Keye is slated by a former employee at her new club West Ham. I neither knew she'd left, or that she was at West Ham, but I certainly hadn't heard of any particular animosity. 

So, anyone know of what this is all about?!

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

This is veering wildly into gossip territory but what's the story with Nicola Keye?!

Keith Wyness has liked a tweet in which Nicola Keye is slated by a former employee at her new club West Ham. I neither knew she'd left, or that she was at West Ham, but I certainly hadn't heard of any particular animosity. 

So, anyone know of what this is all about?

Could you post the tweet, or what it said?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ender4 said:

Could you post the tweet, or what it said?

I have no idea how to embed a tweet and the one he's highlighted is actually a screenshot of a really long message about how Nicola Keye is a "vile human being' and blames her for a number of perceived hardships etc. But, like I said, it means nothing to me other than being surprised Wyness retweeted it. Just wandered if anyone had any background on this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 16/10/2017 at 02:47, Grasshopper said:

So if anyone sees a Brummie wearing a feathercap & Yodelling „Brush Owt“ in the Holte End, That‘s me, GH!

Nah, the way people will spot you is when youre holding up your "Get out of my club, Potato Head" banner in the Holte End! ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â