Keith Wyness

villan-scott

Accountability is important.  It's  supposed to be a fundamental principle of our political system. 

In football, managers are required as a contractual condition to do interviews and explain what they were doing.

It doesn't seem to apply to the shadowy figures that run the club.

What a pity.

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't dispute most of that but I've very good reason to believe that it was Wyness who made the decision having looked at what was presented and having spoken to Bruce and the other runners and riders.

So we will have to agree to disagree.

I don't doubt you on it, but if you're right, it's interesting that the club are saying one thing in public and doing another behind closed doors - personally I think the official line makes a lot more sense - I'm sure that Wyness has a say in rubber stamping things and I'm sure he has an opinion, but I'd hope that the bloke he employs as director of football is honest in saying that he does the job and isn't there as a figurehead. I'm going with the clubs line on this one, not because I trust them more than you, just because it seems more logical. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't doubt you on it, but if you're right, it's interesting that the club are saying one thing in public and doing another behind closed doors - personally I think the official line makes a lot more sense - I'm sure that Wyness has a say in rubber stamping things and I'm sure he has an opinion, but I'd hope that the bloke he employs as director of football is honest in saying that he does the job and isn't there as a figurehead. I'm going with the clubs line on this one, not because I trust them more than you, just because it seems more logical. 

If you mean Round - he is a yes man - sure he may compile a list of managers - but if Wyness said I like  XXXXXX manager - round would quickly fall into line. Xia would then rubber stamp the deal. Rounds involvement is doing the donkey work more than the decision itself...

All IMO of course....

19 hours ago, Eastie said:

Best asset is man motivation ? Doesn't look like the players give a toss what he says! 

I think the Villa engine needs unleaded but Keith is using diesel

Edited by AshVilla

I'd assume and hope that Wyness has been drawing up a list of potential replacements for a few weeks, and is chatting to the shortlist behind the scenes.

if i was CEO, thats what i'd be doing right now. 

i'd also have a rolling list of potential managers, updating their suitability and availability weekly... and i'd always be doing that from day 1 of hiring a new manager.
Just common sense when managers usually have a lifecycle of around a year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I'd assume and hope that Wyness has been drawing up a list of potential replacements for a few weeks, and is chatting to the shortlist behind the scenes.

if i was CEO, thats what i'd be doing right now. 

i'd also have a rolling list of potential managers, updating their suitability and availability weekly... and i'd always be doing that from day 1 of hiring a new manager.
Just common sense when managers usually have a lifecycle of around a year. 

Absolutely. We should be the same with the squad - always have a potential list of the 'next' targets to be acquired, for the inevitable day we'll need them. Southampton do it very well - it's why they were able to replace Van dijk, even though they ended up keeping him. 

My sense (more from our transfer activity) is that we don't do that, sadly...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

being pro-active is not the Villa way. I dont trust Wyness to get the best manager. He will 90% recommend Moyes

This is what I fear too. He'll recommend another one of his mates who's "a proper football man". 

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

before coming here he appointed 1 manager at Aberdeen and none at Everton. So yeah I have no faith in him at all

the one manager he did appoint had serious off-field issues as well

It is not his job to appoint the manager. That is down to Xia it seems on the recommendations of Round. I don't doubt that Wyness will have an input but it is not his job to either recommend or appoint.

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

before coming here he appointed 1 manager at Aberdeen and none at Everton. So yeah I have no faith in him at all

the one manager he did appoint had serious off-field issues as well

Great!

So it's either Moyes or Christoph Daum...

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

You should read TrentVilla's last post in this thread. 

I have and I have also read what @OutByEaster? has said. I have no reason not to take what the club have said to be true. It could just be that Trents info is wrong or the club could just be lying bastards although I don't see why they would about something like this.

Edited by markavfc40

43 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It is not his job to appoint the manager. That is down to Xia it seems on the recommendations of Round. I don't doubt that Wyness will have an input but it is not his job to either recommend or appoint.

In any 'normal' company it should absolutely be the CEO's job to make key appointments, not the Chairman's. Presumably Round reports to Wyness (again, he would in a normal company)?

Maybe just where football is that bit unique

10 minutes ago, mrjc said:

In any 'normal' company it should absolutely be the CEO's job to make key appointments, not the Chairman's. Presumably Round reports to Wyness (again, he would in a normal company)?

Maybe just where football is that bit unique

I am just going off what Wyness and Round have said publicly.

Things are poor on the pitch at the moment and we are all on a bit of a downer but I just can't be having this getting the pitch folks and going after everyone at the club and saying they are shit and should be sacked. You put 5 more points on to our points total and I doubt this thread would even be on the first page.

For now I am choosing to take those at the club above the manager at face value. They have been here for a relatively short time, inherited a total shambles and for now I am happy to give them a little slack whilst they try to turn things around.

Edited by markavfc40

Â