Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

for about a 2 million fee and then give him another 4 year contract

Didnt even realise we had sold him. lol

Anyway I am starting to think one of the reasons Clarke left, was because we signed this guy.....it's looking pretty ya know. ffs

Come on, guys. He did what he had to do yesterday, yes he was caught out flat footed a couple of times and the nutmeg by Howson, was just brilliant. Everybody would have struggled to catch up on that one, I have even seen people suggesting he was at fault for the goal. I can't believe the things people are convincing themselves to believe in... 

25 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's absolutely shite. 

No he's not.

Anyways, we'e let in on average a goal per game thus far, so the defense isn't really a big concern at the moment. Seeing as we've also only scored on average a goal per game, this is the issue that needs fixing.

• Like 1

A hell of a lot of hyperbole here ... we only lost 1-0, I'd say the most worrying thing about the performance was our complete lack of build up play, inventiveness, creativity, passing .... not really much to do with our centre backs who looked pretty solid considering we couldn't keep the ball in their half for longer than 5 seconds. 

Yes maybe he should have pressed their player before he shoots but its kind of a half-mistake, its hardly a glaring error. 

Other than that him and Chester headed/cleared/tackled a hell of a lot away, I didn't think he did too badly. 

• Like 2

This speaks volumes for me. 

15/16 Bournemouth with Elphick starting: 2 wins, 2 draws, 7 defeats (0.72 points per game) / 22 goals conceded (2.00 goals per game)
15/16 Bournemouth without Elphick starting 9, wins, 7 draws, 11 defeats (1.29 points per game) / 45 goals conceded (1.66 goals per game)

16/17 Villa with Elphick starting: 2 wins, 8 draws, 5 defeats (0.93 points per game) / 16 goals conceded (1.06 goals per game)
16/17 Villa without Elphick starting 4 wins, 2 draw,s 0 defeats (2.33 points per game) / 5 goals conceded (0.83 goals per game)

• Like 1

Â