Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

• 1 month later...

There was a point in the first half when he went flying into someone in the right back position, and my first thought was that it looked 2 footed. The ball ricocheted away, he got straight back to his feet and did exactly the same. I'd had a few beers to be honest, and I've not saw it back, but my first thought was that he was lucky not to be carded, it looked reckless. I also felt that he could have done a little better to prevent the cross which Johnstone parried for the goal. 

With Baker being so injury prone, (i don't think that is too harsh a title now) i think its imperative we try and bring in a CB. 

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

There was a point in the first half when he went flying into someone in the right back position, and my first thought was that it looked 2 footed. The ball ricocheted away, he got straight back to his feet and did exactly the same. I'd had a few beers to be honest, and I've not saw it back, but my first thought was that he was lucky not to be carded, it looked reckless. I also felt that he could have done a little better to prevent the cross which Johnstone parried for the goal. 

With Baker being so injury prone, (i don't think that is too harsh a title now) i think its imperative we try and bring in a CB. 

I didn't see much of the game, but I did see those two tackles and they looked good to me. 

I have been busy assuming from everyone else's comments that he had a stinker for the rest of the match because up until the point I turned it off after about 20 minutes or so he'd looked okay. 

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I didn't see much of the game, but I did see those two tackles and they looked good to me. 

I have been busy assuming from everyone else's comments that he had a stinker for the rest of the match because up until the point I turned it off after about 20 minutes or so he'd looked okay. 

In which case I'll put it down to the fact i was half cut. But i suppose that leads on to your 2nd paragraph, its got to the stage for me (and maybe others) where i feel so uncomfortable with him playing, I'm maybe seeing things that aren't there?

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I don't think that's true to be honest. Can't remember him playing well. 

I was just going by the huge praise he received not twenty pages back. 

I think he is better than his current form is showing, like a few of our players. 

Read some quotes yesterday (can't remember where so can't post), of Bruce saying how good he in the dressing room and how he kept the team together in the aftermath of RDM leaving. A proper clubman by the sounds of it. You can see why RDM made him captain.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We could and should have used him today. The partnership between Baker and Chester looks more and more dodgy and today it just collapsed...I have never understood why people want to have Baker in the team ahead of Elphick, but it might just be me.

Â