Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

49 minutes ago, TRO said:

If I had the opportunity of earning their salaries, I would make it my business to be physically prepared for the challenge.

Yes of course. The only one who didn't do that was Gabby. I don't think anyone could accuse Elphic of not training properly etc. i.e. yes you can "blame" someone for not trying their best to be as good as they can be, but you can't blame them when they have done that, but are beaten by a faster/stronger/taller opponent

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Yes of course. The only one who didn't do that was Gabby. I don't think anyone could accuse Elphic of not training properly etc. i.e. yes you can "blame" someone for not trying their best to be as good as they can be, but you can't blame them when they have done that, but are beaten by a faster/stronger/taller opponent

I think we have our wires crossed here Pete.

Once they are out on the Park, yes you are right, all you get is there best effort and thats all we can ask.............but if that best effort is not producing results and those results for argument sake is getting shoved off the ball regularly.

You do your club training and with the permission of the club work additionally on your upper body strength to be in a better shape for dealing with the threat of being bullied off the ball.

Its like "home work" you do that bit more to help yourself.

If you take Westwood as an example.....He looks the same as when he first come 4/5 years ago, so I can only assume, he must be happy to be beaten in the one on one's as much as he is?

Edited by TRO

32 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I've noticed a trend with players who come to Villa. The ones who start off well tend to trail off and often the ones that don't start well at all end up improving massively.

That can well be the case and can be influenced by the performance of the team as a whole.

In many previous seasons we have had disjointed teams that lack blend, so players coming in can be difficult to appraise.

1 hour ago, limvillian said:

This guy needs replacing ASAP. been caught out a couple of times already in the first half. an accident waiting to happen every time he plays. 

I would say he and Gabby was at fault for the goal today, he just backed off and let Oliveira take a shot at goal. Not sure if he has some niggling injury or if he really is that slow. At the moment I would prefer Baker.

I know he Elphick was captain before he got injured but why take the armband away from Chester when we were doing well with him as captain? When Baker comes back from injury, Elphick needs to be dropped. We don't need a defender who can't defend any more.

I reckon Baker's head would have gobbled up the ball today when Oliveira took his shot for the goal. 

• Like 1

Â