Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

From reading the latest comments he's on route to achieving "Scandinavian Status" :D 

watching the Wednesday game my Dad commented   "Elphick is a Scandinavian" ;) 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nazvfc said:

The goalposts bled. No wonder in the warm up they used the ones on wheels! 

They had to bandage up the goalposts

• Like 1

I'm not sure he's the best defender we've ever had, but he will put his head on everything. He'll try and lead us forward and hopefully nip and prima donna nonsense we've had for too long. Bournemouth sold him because they were not playing him regularly, probably because the PL is a level above what he is capable of.

But their loss is our gain. I'm happy to have him as our captain.

10 hours ago, Spoony said:

I love Elphick. And I find it hilarious how we alway idolise our centre backs! For most clubs it's strikers. Not at the Villa! Here it's centre backs and beards.

I think its to do with we have always had good defenders (until last couple seasons) compare to the many a Villa team that was toothless in attack

plus a passionate centre back is always I think means more to fans, a player that would run through walls

A shout often just helps to let the defenders know that the keeper is coming, so if the defender does decide to play the ball then not to out it goal wards. 

Defender shouldn't let his man get past him when they're so close to the keeper. Just get rid. 

On 15 August 2016 at 10:55, Ginko said:

Yeah but God was a centre back, after all ;)

Indeed he was and what a centre half. Gary shaw is my favourite villa player ever- but I always concede Macca is the best villa player ever

Â