Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

He is shit ! I never wanted him, couldn't understand the hype, leader my arse. the guy is a spent force even at this level. I want to be proven wrong and have these words rammed down my throat. Hopefully he will be first player replaced if/when we go up as he would get slaughtered in the Prem. This is not based on the og today. I've held these thoughts since day one but gave him a chance. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Yep. Not helped by playing in a three at the back system where nobody knows what they are supposed to be doing though.

I think that was the main reason, three at the back that hadn't played together in that formation before. Chester suddenly on the right hand side and Elpfick given some old sweeper position. It looked so much better in the second when we reverted to a back four, and then we even still had Bacuna in that back four...

• Like 1

Ability wise he is just an old fashioned centre half who should be lumping it into row Z, yet despite this he plays like he think he is Beckenbauer - trying to do complicated things on the ball, go past players and spread it around. He really takes so many unnecessary risks on the ball when he should be doing the simple stuff instead. He really is a perplexing player.

Had a very bad game tonight, but is usually good for us. However, at this stage of the season, we need to see improvement, not regression.

Over to you RDM. Ffs, manage.

Elphick is a definite miss as regards transfer window success. He may well be a good professional, a great leader etc but he has been barely above ok throughtout all his games with us. He doesn't think, he tries stupid things, he slashes at the ball loads (wonder what the stat is on his sliced clearances this season) and has looked off the pace. Today was absolutely awful, I mean Curtis Davis 'Pub player' awful.

Captain or not, I would be playing Chester (who's settled well) and Baker as first choice. Unfortunately Baker is made of glass.

• Like 1

Â