Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

did you really expect us to be getting a top defender though? He is honest and committed and more importantly at this level he is accomplished

Yeah I expected us to sign some quality at the back,  it's early days yet so hopefully he will improve. 

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wouldnt, much prefer he plays against our play-off rivals than a team we arent in competition with

We are still unbeaten at home, I would prefer we keep that record. I honestly think if we can cut out these silly mistakes we can beta Newcastle. we have the players, its just the confidence isnt there yet to finish teams off

• Like 2

On 14 August 2016 at 10:08, Butterfingers said:

I was front row in the DE yesterday.

I,ve never heard a player so vocal.  He had shouted himself hoarse before half time.  One particular barrage towards the linesman bought an ovation from those in the stand around me.

He even walks with purpose.

Very early days but based on character and leadership skills alone, the signs are there that we have the real McCoy.  His performance yesterday was immense, he won everything.  We will be facing tougher challenges in the months ahead but the signs are promising.

I don't know why he can't play in the Prem.  I'd put him ahead of anything we've had in the past 5 years, including concrete Ron.

We need his approach in CM

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We are still unbeaten at home, I would prefer we keep that record. I honestly think if we can cut out these silly mistakes we can beta Newcastle. we have the players, its just the confidence isnt there yet to finish teams off

In what context, do you refer the confidence to.

They look confident enough to me...... I thought the attacking play was very good and 2 goals at home is adequate Imo.

23 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We're signed Jedinak to be that player. Already the forgotten man it seems. 

Give him time. 

Yes, you are right.....but until I see him I cannot comment.

32 concerns me a bit, has he left it all behind?

frustrating, because we need him now......thats why, I think we need 2 seasons.

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yes, you are right.....but until I see him I cannot comment.

32 concerns me a bit, has he left it all behind?

frustrating, because we need him now......thats why, I think we need 2 seasons.

Jesus Christ he's 32, not 42.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

In what context, do you refer the confidence to.

They look confident enough to me...... I thought the attacking play was very good and 2 goals at home is adequate Imo.

I thought that was quite obvious, confident to hold out the score and win

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought that was quite obvious, confident to hold out the score and win

Well, it wasn't obvious, else I wouldn't have asked.

On that point no, i agree they have no confidence to contain and see a game out.....my point was ,they have got confidence to score goals.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Well, it wasn't obvious, else I wouldn't have asked.

On that point no, i agree they have no confidence to contain and see a game out.....my point was ,they have got confidence to score goals.

Really it wasn't obvious to you we have not been able to win games or hold leads?!! ;)

i agree with you we have goals in us but unfortunately the other areas are letting us down. From goal keeper errors to midfield not linking well with defence. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Really it wasn't obvious to you we have not been able to win games or hold leads?!! ;)

i agree with you we have goals in us but unfortunately the other areas are letting us down. From goal keeper errors to midfield not linking well with defence. 

that bit is obvious......but for me we seem confident in attack, but not in defence of the game.

I was trying say some area's of our game, we are confident other area's we are not.

I think we both agree, but your generalisation confused me.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jim said:

Don't rate this guy at all. Another player that is deemed to be good because he beats his chest. 

I think he's fairly limited myself. Rousing the fans when there's a corner and screaming in the tunnel before the players walk out does not win you games.

That being said I'd rather him than Richards.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2016 at 01:23, jim said:

Don't rate this guy at all. Another player that is deemed to be good because he beats his chest. 

Hey! grow a beard and do a few push ups - become a man! get a chest to beat.

Manly man hate aside....there's part of me that agrees with you. I think he might be a bit pedestrian, and....well average.

• Like 1

Â