Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

40 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Or the Charles N’Zogbia stand. Lad retired at 28 after playing for us as he couldn’t face playing against us for another club. A real club hero.

The way he played he was semi retired when he was with us.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Drove passed this morning and I'm sure they've got rid of Dean as well??

Indeed, they’ve just replaced the whole section with claret. 

if you freeze it at 1.28 you can see the piping / tubing, that looks purple which is normally data in the construction world, then at 1.41 you can see them putting something else in which is black

one of them will be the hosing for the sprinklers at a guess, the other one years back i said about being told that they were digging the pitch up partially to make it lower so that we can have these fancy electronic advertising boards that TV companies around the world can superimpose local images on to but also that they were installing some sort of electrical cables under the pitch which i thought was because these big lighting rig things cost a bastard fortune due to inefficiency plus the stadium had some of general electrical problem where the stadium couldn't shut everything down over night and they were wasting energy and this new system means that they can

i don't fully understand it all, i was in corporate at the time with the electrical company who did that and the floodlights at the time and i was very...very drunk

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i don't fully understand it all, i was in corporate at the time with the electrical company who did that and the floodlights at the time and i was very...very drunk

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Love the work that goes into making a pitch

I assume the tents are inserting those grass fibres into the soil,  and then grass grows around it the few days after. Very interesting to see, I'd love to see what the grass looks like up close in person, even better to play on it. 

• Like 1

On 28/07/2021 at 12:30, DaveAV1 said:

Let’s buy the whole of B6 and build a real Villa Village. Hotel, shops, gym, pubs, restaurants, car parking, railway station, helipad, concert venue. Even throw in a football stadium! Let’s get it done! 

P. S. No poxy funfair.  

And what would you do with all the people who live there?

Just a mention and an unnecessary reminder of this great club having redevelopments in the pipeline, for the stadium, the surrounding areas and the bolt-on facilities near to the ground with the indoor centers that got awarded their planning permissions etc, Bodymoor Heath too of course. Also an ode to the owners and operational infrastructure of our club in general for having the plan to recognise advancement in this way as we continue to evolve as a club off the pitch and for budgeting the finance to enable.

Especially since the scumbags in Small Heath are finding out their beloved Trillion Trophy stadium is halfways condemned at least for a couple of matches, the absolute opposite of the above. As we grow, proactively building for the future.... they reactively, desperately, clamour to apply their band aids to two stands to con the HSE and get out of a PR disaster regarding the safety of their stadium, knowingly taking ticket sales for stands they knew weren't "safe" for for the public to be seated within. 

Villa Park = Kate Upton

Trillion Trophy Stadium = Jo Brand, first thing in the morning with no makeup. And pink-eye.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Just a mention and an unnecessary reminder of this great club having redevelopments in the pipeline, for the stadium, the surrounding areas and the bolt-on facilities near to the ground with the indoor centers that got awarded their planning permissions etc, Bodymoor Heath too of course. Also an ode to the owners and operational infrastructure of our club in general for having the plan to recognise advancement in this way as we continue to evolve as a club off the pitch and for budgeting the finance to enable.

Especially since the scumbags in Small Heath are finding out their beloved Trillion Trophy stadium is halfways condemned at least for a couple of matches, the absolute opposite of the above. As we grow, proactively building for the future.... they reactively, desperately, clamour to apply their band aids to two stands to con the HSE and get out of a PR disaster regarding the safety of their stadium, knowingly taking ticket sales for stands they knew weren't "safe" for for the public to be seated within. 

Villa Park = Kate Upton

Trillion Trophy Stadium = Jo Brand, first thing in the morning with no makeup. And pink-eye.

Sorry  I'm not aware of these "bolt on facilities near the ground"  and  "Indoor centres awarded planning permission"   - Can you tell us specifically to what they relate -? - and where you got the info from ? - I've not heard anything (other than long term aspirations) about such developments ? 

47 minutes ago, hippo said:

Sorry  I'm not aware of these "bolt on facilities near the ground"  and  "Indoor centres awarded planning permission"   - Can you tell us specifically to what they relate -? - and where you got the info from ? - I've not heard anything (other than long term aspirations) about such developments ? 

Hi Hippo,

Apols was in a meeting and one at 330. Sure, no problem. I was referring to the guts pretty much of the articles below as a quick grab. The bolt-on / indoor centre facilities I referred to relate to the urban centres shown on the map below, hopefully it attaches. My post above, was a blast to the state of Blues, and the onwards and upwards of our team. This below is what I mean as to the continual evolving of our club and its infrastructure. There'll be better articles than these, I'm a bit rushed sorry bud.

Cut and pasted directly from this article: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-aston-villa-academy-brookvale-20689285 

Aston Villa have received approval for a new inner-city academy that has been labelled a 'game-changer'.

Birmingham City Council's Planning Committee met on Thursday to discuss plans submitted by the club for the new academy off Brookvale Road in Aston.

The state-of-the-art setup is only 500 yards from Villa Park and is part of Villa 's plans to attract inner-city talent who cannot get to the club's Bodymoor Heath training ground in Sutton Coldfield, around 12 miles away from the stadium.

Concerns were raised by residents in Aston about traffic and congestion because of the new structure while in the council documents assessing the approval of the plans the use of floodlights was raised and how that might impact on houses nearby.

However, the floodlights will be turned off when not in use with a curfew of 9pm.

also ...

"The scale and design of the buildings and pitches, associated car parking, landscaping and lighting have all been carefully considered and, subject to conditions, will not result in unacceptable harm to the amenities of the neighbouring residential properties, highway safety or the ecological corridor of the River Tame."

The new academy will sport a full-size indoor 3G pitch, an outdoor 3G pitch with floodlighting and six changing rooms, an office, parents' lounge and storage with a new hub being built.

BirminghamLive reported in March how the original submission was made in October last year and is considered to be a 'game-changer' by people within the club.

It is part of the club's drive to recruit the best young talent in the city and comes just days after the Under-18s won the FA Youth Cup on Monday.

Also this article from Dec from this site https://www.business-live.co.uk/commercial-property/aston-villa-plan-new-academy-19426135

excerpt: 

The application covers two sites either side of the River Tame which is currently used by match-day staff as a car park.

The plans mirror Aston Villa's new £14 million academy base at Bodymoor Heath which opened during the summer following a two-year build project.

Rugby-based practice HB Architects has designed the new academy.

It is the same firm which worked on the Holte Suite at Villa Park and the revamp of Bodymoor Heath which had to undergo a redesign because the HS2 high-speed rail line will cut through part of the site.

HB Architects also created the indoor training pitch at Wolverhampton Wanderers FC which sits inside a huge ‘dome', with plans for a similar building at the new Villa academy.

A planning statement said: "The new youth academy is a facility that will be available by invitation to young players in the city who are selected as part of the club's academy programme.

"By providing the facility in the shadow of the main stadium, and also in an urban location that is easily accessible on foot, cycle and by public transport, there is a greater opportunity for those young people who may not have access or the support to travel the 12km to the Bodymoor Heath training ground facility.

"The Witton Road Academy proposals are modest and focus on providing appropriate football training facilities on single indoor and outdoor pitches.

"A purpose-built, two-storey building will provide the required changing facilities, a lounge for players and parents to use that overlooks the indoor pitch and ancillary office space."

---

I can look more later, gotta go! Sh-tty videocon (WFH). dunno why theres underline in the text above, i havent added it

UTV

1_inner-city-academy-1.jpg

• Like 1

Â