Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The 10 years thing for me suggests sorting out the trickier aspects of increasing the Witton Land Stand capacity, moving the road and buying properties etc.  The North Stand would be a fairly quick job.

Yep, I agree. They're developing plans now.  I would expect The North Stand to be a 2 - 3 year project.  Probably after that some remodelling of the offices, shop etc around the rear of that demolishing existing buildings, the hotel etc.  Then possibly if demand is there do something bigger with The Witton Lane stand. 

I also wonder if they might remodel The Holte End somehow to make bigger concourses. 

Randy did intimate interest in doing something to the ugly exterior to The Trinity before he lost interest.  Maybe they might do something there. 

Really the new North Stand will take us to 50,000.  Possibly doing something to Witton Lane takes us to 60,000. It's hard to see anything ever needing to be bigger than that unless we go on decades long domination Man United style.  That's pretty much the size of West Ham, Arsenal and Spurs and new Everton.  Even with regular Champions League that will be enough. 

On 30/06/2021 at 21:58, ender4 said:

Except it’s in the middle of Aston!

It would be self contained. No need to venture out into the wilderness. Just stay in the Villa resort and spend your money. 

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The Birmingham Mail have an article on the redevelopment. Unfortunately it is just a rehash of things I already know.

They do say though that the season ticket waiting list is up to 13,000 now though.

I think we will just have to wait until the club announce something. And when they do so I expect them to actually do it.

Instead of Dr Tony saying Villa Park would be 60,000 one day with no evidence or plans to back his statement up.

Was 5k when I went on yesterday

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Yes agreed. The mail article suggests redevelopment by 2031. Which is another way of stating  the official club line "no plans to redevelop villa park in the immediate future"

I'm sure Purslow said it would be a 10 year plan, with 3 phases, the first of which would start next season? Or something along those lines.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm sure Purslow said it would be a 10 year plan, with 3 phases, the first of which would start next season? Or something along those lines.

Ok - I must admit I hadn't heard that. Last I heard ground development was some way off.

1 hour ago, dappadan said:

Was 5k when I went on yesterday

No, that’s how many season tickets are left from the 30,000 previously sold. So basically the people who haven’t yet renewed.   

Purslow confirmed there was 13,000+ on the current waiting list - the 10,000 on the original waiting list pre-Covid and then another 3,000 added.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes, 10 year plan with 3 phases.  
Not sure he said phase 1 would start next season, I think it was more like in the next couple of years depending on demand.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Leicester are the latest club to announce Stadium expansion.  They will still be behind us but it puts to bed the idea that it's not financially viable.  Stadiums are being extended or rebuilt left right and centre.

We have this big season ticket waiting list.  Let's see these plans from NSWE brought forward ASAP.

• Like 4

Just now, sidcow said:

Leicester are the latest club to announce Stadium expansion.  They will still be behind us but it puts to bed the idea that it's not financially viable.  Stadiums are being extended or rebuilt left right and centre.

We have this big season ticket waiting list.  Let's see these plans from NSWE brought forward ASAP.

am i correct in thinking any stadium work etc is completely separate from FFP?, so if NWSE wanted they could spunk 100m on the stadium with no come back, other than the cost itself?

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

am i correct in thinking any stadium work etc is completely separate from FFP?, so if NWSE wanted they could spunk 100m on the stadium with no come back, other than the cost itself?

Correct

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

£100 million? Pahh, never mind the lose change, NSWE will want to build something that stands out like a unique super stadium that is recognised around the world as the home of Aston Villa. None of your cockney bowls or something that the council knocked out in Manchester or East London. 

If we build it, they will come!!

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

and a hotel, entertainment venue and residential buildings attached as well.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

and a hotel, entertainment venue and residential buildings attached as well.

Let’s buy the whole of B6 and build a real Villa Village. Hotel, shops, gym, pubs, restaurants, car parking, railway station, helipad, concert venue. Even throw in a football stadium! Let’s get it done! 

P. S. No poxy funfair.  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

my understanding is that is the advantage of having these horrible identikit stadiums, they're future proofed for expansion, they can just raise one the stands, they dont have to demolish it completely redo the foundation for the additional weight and then spend months co-ordinating how to co-ordinate it all with the remaining structure and make it structurally sound, half the work is already done

they can probably do it for less than half the cost of what we can, maybe more

Edited by villa4europe

43 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Let’s buy the whole of B6 and build a real Villa Village. Hotel, shops, gym, pubs, restaurants, car parking, railway station, helipad, concert venue. Even throw in a football stadium! Let’s get it done! 

P. S. No poxy funfair.  

Sounds like Dr Tony...why 60k? lets make it 80, a 100...

Edited by Czarnikjak

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

my understanding is that is the advantage of having these horrible identikit stadiums, they're future proofed for expansion, they can just raise one the stands, they dont have to demolish it completely redo the foundation for the additional weight and then spend months co-ordinating how to co-ordinate it all with the remaining structure and make it structurally sound, half the work is already done

they can probably do it for less than half the cost of what we can, maybe more

Yep, you are correct.

Would rather us spend three times the amount and keep a bit of character about the place though than have one of those soulless bowls as our home ground 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â